Schools, preschools, scout groups and day care providers love having Public Works volunteers teach their kids about the environment. Fun activities have been developed and successfully kid tested. Seasoned volunteers are available to support you in learning how to work with kids. Volunteers are needed to:
- help children with recycling activities and art projects.
- assist with presentations/activities in the classroom
- demonstrate and explain worm composting.
- wear the Mr. Bag-It costume and lead the recycling cheer.
- provide activities /projects for scouts meeting requirements for environmental badges
Adult Group Presentations
The City’s Recycling Program will provide either staff or volunteer presenters to give you the information you need concerning:
- waste reduction and recycling
- backyard composting and worm composting
- household hazardous waste collection
- municipal landfill, material recovery center, and compost facility
- commercial waste reduction and recycling
Nature’s Way To Recycle! Attend a free composting workshop and start composting. Get a free or reduced-price bin at the workshop and fill it with yard waste and food scraps. Put the finished compost around any tree, shrub or grass.
Are you concerned about the environmental impacts of our city’s waste stream? Are you familiar with the benefits of composting? Are you interested in sharing those benefits with other members of our community? If so, we would like for you to participate in our Master Composter training program.
For additional information, please contact us at 573.874.6271 or email@example.com.
America Recycles Day/Use Less Stuff Campaign
The Thursday before Thanksgiving is declared American Recycles Day and kicks off the annual Use Less Stuff Holiday Campaign. Beginning the Thursday before Thanksgiving and continuing through New Years Day, the Use Less Stuff Holiday Campaign encourages people to reduce their waste during the season. Click on the following links for more information on reducing holiday waste:
Apartment Recycling Did You Know
Encourage apartment dwellers to recycle! The City’s recycling program offers recycling bins on a rotating basis to a number of apartment complexes. We have door hangers, flyers, recycling tips and magnets that can be distributed at apartments.