Cleanup Columbia 2017 will be Saturday, April 8!
Online registration has closed. You may still participate by coming to one of our pickup times at Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway, times are found below.
View our list of priority cleanup areas that need to be assigned. Thank you for considering these areas of highest need!
Response form – To be completed by group leaders and volunteers following their participation. Your cleanup efforts and feedback can be recorded on this form.
What is Cleanup Columbia? Cleanup Columbia is a city-wide trash pick up event where hundreds of local residents work together to make our city a more beautiful place. The city will provide volunteers with trash bags, gloves, safety vests (where needed) and help you find a trash pick up location. Volunteers pick up trash in the morning and are asked to start no later than 10 a.m. Columbia Utilities or Parks & Recreation will pick up your filled bags. This is a wonderful event for individuals and groups of all sizes and people of all ages and abilities. T-shirts will be provided while supplies last and all volunteers are invited to join us for a post cleanup lunch at Twin Lakes Recreation Area.
The City appreciates the help of our sponsors who support the event: Sonshine Graphics, Veterans United, Socket, KOMU TV-8, the Mid-Missouri CW, 102.3 BXR, KFRU AM 1400 and the Columbia Daily Tribune.
Please Tell Us: Where Do You See Trash? (We will work to assign volunteers to those locations!)
Thanks to Columbia Solid Waste and Columbia Parks & Recreation for their special assistance.
Supply pick up times and locations:
– Wednesday, April 5, 3-6 p.m. – City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, Conference Room 1A – T-shirts will not be available at this pick up time.
– Thursday, April 6, 4-7 p.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
– Friday, April 7, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
– Saturday, April 8 – 7:30 – 9 a.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
*T-shirts will be distributed while supplies last starting on Thursday.*
Registration list -4-4-17 – This is the final list that will be posted prior to the event; those who registered close to the event date may not appear on this list.
Where to leave trash (please fill and secure each bag):
- If cleaning STREETS, leave bags clustered along street, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street
- If cleaning PARKS, leave bags near park trash receptacles
- If cleaning STREAMS, leave bags along nearest roadway, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street.
- If cleaning TRAILS, leave bags near trash can at trailhead.
- Recyclable materials may be dropped at one of the dropoff locations around town, or put out with your household recycling.
What to do with supplies after the cleanup: Please drop off at City Hall, 701 E. Broadway along with your response card. You may leave supplies at the reception desk.
Thank you for making a difference in Columbia! We will see you there!
For more information contact the City of Columbia Volunteer Programs at 874-7499 or email us.