REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN-Mark your calendar for Cleanup Columbia 2020: April 11, 2020!
What is Cleanup Columbia? Cleanup Columbia is a city-wide trash pick up event where hundreds of local residents work together to make our city a more beautiful place. The city will provide volunteers with trash bags, gloves, safety vests (where needed) and help you find a trash pick up location. Volunteers pick up trash in the morning and are asked to start no later than 10 a.m. Columbia Utilities or Parks & Recreation will pick up your filled bags. This is a wonderful event for individuals and groups of all sizes and people of all ages and abilities. All volunteers are invited to join us for a post cleanup lunch at Albert-Oakland Park-1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
T-shirts are no longer available. We received registrations for more than 1,300 volunteers by 2-7-2020! You may request quantities and sizes as other groups may cancel or reduce their size making t-shirts available. Thank you for your understanding.T-shirts are in limited quantity and are distributed in the order of registration.
Please Tell Us: Where Do You See Trash? (We will work to assign volunteers to those locations!)
The Cleanup Columbia instruction sheet is a great tool to review tips for a successful event.
Supply Pick Up Locations:
- Columbia’s Farmer’s Market, 1769 W. Ash (Saturday, April 4, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
- City Hall, 701 E. Broadway (Monday, April 6-Friday, April 10 anytime 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. )
- We will have staff in the City Hall Lobby on Friday, April 10 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for volunteers who wish to register or have questions!
- Grace Bible Church (Wednesday, April 8, 3 to 6 p.m.)
- Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway (Thursday, April 9, 3 to 7 p.m.)
- Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Road (Saturday, April 11, 7:30 to 10 a.m.)
#Tag it and trash it!
This year we will be taking on the #TrashTagChallenge! Post before and after pictures of the trash you’ve cleaned up! Show us the impact you’re making on our community! Invite your friends and family to get involved in this fun community event to make Columbia a cleaner city for us all to live, work, learn and play in! #CUCTrashTag
Where to leave trash (please fill and secure each bag):
- If cleaning STREETS, leave bags clustered along street, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street
- If cleaning PARKS, leave bags near park trash receptacles
- If cleaning STREAMS, leave bags along nearest roadway, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street.
- If cleaning TRAILS, leave bags near trash can at trailhead.
- Recyclable materials may be dropped at one of the drop-off locations around town, or put out with your household recycling.
Thank you for making a difference in Columbia!
Cleanup Columbia 2019 Results:
- 1,837 volunteers participated
- 2,733 bags of litter were collected
- 3,591 hours of service were shared
We really appreciate the support of our sponsors who help promote the event : KOMU TV 8, Mid-Missouri CW, 102.3 BXR, KFRU AM 1400, The Columbia Missourian, Socket and Veterans United Home Loans. We also want to thank City of Columbia Utilities – Solid Waste and Columbia Parks & Recreation for their support!
For more information contact the City of Columbia Volunteer Programs at 874-7499 or email us.