Initial results from Cleanup Columbia based on reports as of 4-15-2019 (a.m.)
– 1,837 volunteers participated
– 2,733 bags of litter were collected
– 3,591 hours of service were shared
Mark your calendar for Cleanup Columbia 2020: April 11, 2020!
Post-cleanup Report Form – Tell us what you did!
What to do with supplies after the cleanup: Please drop off at City Hall, 701 E. Broadway along with your response card. You may leave supplies at the reception desk.
What is Cleanup Columbia? Cleanup Columbia is a city-wide trash pick up event where hundreds of local residents work together to make our city a more beautiful place. The city will provide volunteers with trash bags, gloves, safety vests (where needed) and help you find a trash pick up location. Volunteers pick up trash in the morning and are asked to start no later than 10 a.m. Columbia Utilities or Parks & Recreation will pick up your filled bags. This is a wonderful event for individuals and groups of all sizes and people of all ages and abilities. All volunteers are invited to join us for a post cleanup lunch at Twin Lakes Recreation Area.
Please Tell Us: Where Do You See Trash? (We will work to assign volunteers to those locations!)
#Tag it and trash it!
This year we will be taking on the #TrashTagChallenge! Post before and after pictures of the trash you’ve cleaned up! Show us the impact you’re making on our community! Invite your friends and family to get involved in this fun community event to make Columbia a cleaner city for us all to live, work, learn and play in! #CUCTrashTag
Where to leave trash (please fill and secure each bag):
- If cleaning STREETS, leave bags clustered along street, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street
- If cleaning PARKS, leave bags near park trash receptacles
- If cleaning STREAMS, leave bags along nearest roadway, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street.
- If cleaning TRAILS, leave bags near trash can at trailhead.
- Recyclable materials may be dropped at one of the drop-off locations around town, or put out with your household recycling.
Thank you for making a difference in Columbia!
We really appreciate the support of our sponsors who help promote the event : KOMU TV 8, Mid-Missouri CW, 102.3 BXR, KFRU AM 1400, The Columbia Missourian, Socket and Veterans United Home Loans. We also want to thank City of Columbia Utilities – Solid Waste and Columbia Parks & Recreation for their support!
For more information contact the City of Columbia Volunteer Programs at 874-7499 or email us.