2020 CARP Training
CARP (Columbia Aquatic Restoration Project) is a volunteer program designed to support the Columbia Parks & Recreation Department in implementing an aquatic plant and shoreline management plan. Participants will learn about lake and pond ecology during two training classes and hands-on training labs. Topics covered will include Aquatic Ecology, Aquatic Plant Identification, Wetland Restoration, and Rain Gardens. After the course, volunteers can assist the city horticulturist with organized projects, to be held on weekend mornings.
2019 CARP Projects
All projects will be held from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
- Saturday, April 27-Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area-1907 Hillcrest Dr.
- Saturday, May 11-Twin Lakes Recreation Area-2500 Chapel Hill Rd.
- Saturday, August 31-Perry Phillips Lake-5050 Bristol Lake Pkwy
- Saturday, September 14-Stephens Lake Park-2001 E Broadway
- Saturday, September 28-Smiley Lane Park-400 Smiley Lane
- Saturday, October 12-3M-5400 Paris Rd
Please note: CARP projects are scheduled on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Complete an online application to become a CARP volunteer.
2019 CARP Course Presentations:
C.A.R.P. Intoduction & History-Michael Acton
Aquatic Fauna of Missouri-Amy Meier
Aquatic Plants-Darby Niswonger