Join the City to beautify its streets with an Adopt-A-Spot Beautification partnership! Your family, business, faith community or civic organization can partner with the City to plant and maintain landscaping areas. The city has identified beds available for adoption. Some are existing beds that need a new adopter and others are new beds created from road construction.
For new adopters or those interested in adopting a bed:
- Please email us for a list of beds currently available.
- Sample Adopter Reviewopens PDF file
- Sample Council Agreementopens PDF file
- Suggested plants for height restricted areasopens PDF file
- New Adopter Orientationopens PDF file
- 2020 Adopter Meeting Presentation
Resources for Native Plantings
- Information from the Missouri Department of Conservationopens PDF file
- Suggested Native Plants for Adopt-A-Spots
- Native Plants Suppliersopens PDF file
- Tell us about an Adopt-A-Spot bed that you enjoy – we’ll pass your praise on to the volunteer!
- Tip Sheetopens PDF file for Existing and New Adopters and those interested in learning more about the program
If you are interested in a landscaping project in the public right-of-way, in front of a business, or as part of a development project that will be a permanent structure within the public right-of-way, please contact Building and Site Development at 573.874.7474, to obtain a right of use permit.
The Adopt-A-Spot Beautification Program is designed for volunteers to care for landscaping in city projects that are part of our capital improvements, especially the construction or improvement of streets. We invite you to take a look at the beds available to adopt. To learn more, contact us at 874-7499 or Volunteer@CoMo.govcreate new email.
Information about the Adopt-A-Spot Litter Program can be found here.