Ways you can get involved!
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection is held the first and third Saturday through November. Volunteer shifts are 8-10 and 10-noon at the Grissum Building, 1313 Lakeview.
- Volunteer with the CARE Program this spring. Read more
- Apply to serve on a City of Columbia Board or Commission!
- Blue Thunder Trackopens PDF file with Columbia Parks & Recreation is looking for assistant coaches for their spring season. Practices start Tuesday, April 6. Normal practices are Tuesday & Thursday (6-7:30 p.m.) and Saturdays (10-11:30 a.m.).
- Help with the Heritage Dayopens PDF file event on the afternoon of Saturday, May 8 at Douglass Park. We are looking for 15-20 volunteers to help with activities, food, set up and tear down.
- Volunteer with the Mom & Son Sports Challenge on Wednesday, May 12 or the Father & Daughter Sports Challenge on Wednesday, June 9. Volunteers are needed from 4:30-7:30 p.m. at the Armory, 701 E. Ash to help with set up, tear down and assist during the competition!
- Be a Jump Rope/Double Dutch Instructoropens PDF file with Community Recreation!
- Hip Hop Dance Instructorsopens PDF file are needed to work with youth in the Community Recreation Program of Columbia Parks & Recreation.
- Piano Instructorsopens PDF file are needed to teach young people through the Community Recreation Program at the Armory, 701 E. Ash. If you have a passion for teaching kids, a few hours a week and experience with piano we would love to talk with you! Contact Camren Cross to get started. create new email
- Litter Team events are scheduled for:
- Special Olympics offers a rewarding experience for volunteers! To learn more and to help, contact opens in a new windowTyler Armstrongcreate new email with Columbia Parks & Recreation.
- Looking for a project for a group? We can help you organize a litter pick up event or park project.