Ways you can get involved!
- Help Volunteer Columbia celebrate our 25th year in 2021! We are looking for a public relations assistant volunteer or intern to work with us on writing, promotions, social media and events. Read moreopens PDF file
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection (HHW) has resumed at 1313 Lakeview. Volunteers assist with paint consolidation and traffic and direction. Shifts are available 8 a.m.-10 a.m. 10 a.m.-12 p.m & 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Volunteers must signup, no walk-ins please. For more information email Jody.Cook@como.govcreate new email or call 573-874-6271. Coming dates: October 3 & 17.
- Blue Thunder Track Clubopens PDF file is looking for coaches for the fall cross country season starting September 1. Practices are Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Contact Camren Crosscreate new email to learn more.
- Special Olympics Bowling: Share your time to help with Special Olympics Bowling, Saturdays at Town & Country Lanes, 1508 N. Providence Rd. 12:00-1:30 p.m. or 2:00-3:30 p.m. Practices will be held Oct. 3, 17, 24 and 31 and Nov. 7, 14, 21 and 28. To get involved and learn more, opens in a new windowcontact Tyler Armstrongcreate new email.
- Adopt A Spot Beautification Planting – Saturday, October 3 & Saturday, October 10: Help us install landscaping in two new roundabouts in Nifong Blvd. in south Columbia. We will work on the bed at Old Mill Creek Road at 9 a.m. and plan to move to the bed at Sinclair Road at 1 p.m. On Saturday, October 10 we will plant the bed at Keene Street & I-70 Drive SE at 9 a.m. Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines we are limited to 20 total volunteers per session but welcome individuals, families and small groups!
- The next deadline to apply to serve on a City Board or Commission is 5 p.m., Friday, October 9. Read more and apply! https://www.como.gov/council/vacancies/
- Help clean a stream in October! If you are interested in protecting the quality of our local streams, consider a litter pick up for yourself or your group during October. You can set the time and date — we will help you with supplies and a location.
- Smaller Ballersopens PDF file is seeking volunteer coaches for this instructional basketball program for 4-7 year olds. Practices will be held at the Armory, 701 E. Ash, on Wednesday evenings from October 7 through November 4.
- Park Patrol Training for new volunteers will be held Tuesday, October 13, 3:00-4:15 p.m. via Zoom. Park Patrol volunteers help us keep our parks and trails safe and in good repair.
- Bear Creek Run – Saturday, October 31 – starting and ending at Albert-Oakland Park. Volunteer to help along the course or to staff an aid station (great for groups or families!). *Most positions for this event are currently filled but we keep you on an interested list!*
- Looking for a project for a group? We can help you organize a litter pick up event or park project.