Ways you can get involved!
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection (HHW) has resumed at 1313 Lakeview. Volunteers assist with paint consolidation and traffic and direction. Shifts are available 8 a.m.-10 a.m. & 10a.m.-12p.m. Volunteers must signup, no walk-ins please. For more information email Jody.Cook@como.govopens an email link or call 573-874-6271. Coming dates: Aug. 1 & 15
- Douglass Baseballopens PDF file is looking for coaches, umpires and board members! The season starts with a clinic on June 27 from 9 a.m. to noon. The season will be from July 6 to August 6 with practices on Saturday mornings and games on week nights. Contact League Coordinator Ca-Sandra Gunnopens an email link, 573-355-8920, to learn more or get involved!
- Saturday, August 8 Litter Team Event, 9 a.m.-11 a.m. Check in at Faith Baptist Church, 3909 Brown Station Road. Volunteers are required to wear a mask for supply distribution. Registrants will receive a detailed reminder with site check in procedures. For more information, shoot us an email at volunteer@comoopens an email link, call 573-874-6271 or self-schedule here. Drop ins are welcome.
- Park Patrol training for new volunteers will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, July 21 at 6 p.m. and Thursday, July 23 at 3 p.m. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, participate in a background screening and attend training.
- Splat! Jr. Mud Obstacle Course has been moved to August 15 at Gans Creek Recreation Area. We are looking for volunteers to help guide kids along the course!
- Kaleidospoke has been moved to Saturday, September 12. Volunteers help with course support along the MKT from Flat Branch Park to Twin Lakes Park, 6:45-11 p.m. or 7-10 p.m.
- Looking for a project for a group? We can help you organize a litter pick up event or park project.