*The City of Columbia accepts only VISA, MasterCard and Discover. We are unable to accept other credit cards at this time.
- Account overview
- Online bill pay
- Make one-time payments with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or eChecks
- Update contact information
- Compare usage history from month to month
- Access billing history
- See transaction history
- Sign up/change or stop automatic bank drafting (see more information below)
- Set up a new service, transfer current services to a new address and terminate existing services
- View account information for multiple locations for your single customer number
Pay by Phone —24/7 Automated IVR System
Toll free: (844) 234-0641
Local: (573) 874-7694
- Must have your City of Columbia Utility customer and account number from your utility bill
- Enter your customer number, followed by the pound (#) key – e.g. 00123456#
- Enter your account number followed by the pound (#) key – e.g. 0067890#
- It will then ask you to verify the information entered is correct. If correct continue to follow the prompts to complete your payment
Pay by Mail — *Please do not mail cash payments*
City of Columbia
ATTN: Finance Department
P.O. Box 1676
Columbia, MO 65205
City of Columbia
ATTN: Treasury Management
701 E. Broadway
Columbia, MO 65201
Pay in Person
The Cashier Lobby (701 E. Broadway) is temporarily closed at this time. Our normal business hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
The Drive-Thru/Drive-up windows are open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday – Friday and are located on the North side of City Hall, 701 E. Broadway. Turn right (south) on 8th street from Walnut, and turn right (west) down the alley behind City Hall. For safety purposes, please do not use the drive-thru without a vehicle. We accept check, money order, cashiers checks, cash, and all card types in our drive-thru.
Please have your bill, or your account number available. To ensure fast service, we have a limit of 3 payments per customer transaction.
Secured drop off is available using the orange drop off collection box in the Utility Cashiers drive-thru alley (directions listed above).
City drop boxes may be used to make payments on utility bills, parking violations, home energy loans and any other City of Columbia invoices. Please be sure to notate what account your payment is for to ensure it is processed appropriately.
Other Community Partner Locations
Payments may also be made at the Customer Service Center inside:
- Gerbes Grocery stores (all locations)
- Hyvee grocery store (all locations)
- Schnucks grocery store on Forum Boulevard
Please allow up to 3 business days for payments made in this method to post to your utility account and keep your receipt for your transaction.
Automatic Bank Drafting
The City of Columbia offers automatic bank drafting form a checking or savings account for all regular, reccuring bills. Automatic bank drafting is the easiest and most secure way to ensure your bills are paid on time and to the right account.
Once set up, your amount due will draw from your account on the due date (or next business day for weekends/holidays) and your utility bill will indicate “Automatic Bank Draft” versus “Total Amount Due.”
Set up your Bank Drafting from MyUtilityBill (registration information above).
Please allow up to 30 days for any stop or change requests to your bank drafting. Making additional payments may not prevent a bank draft from occurring if you are a Budget Billing Customer, or if the payment was not made in enough time prior to the bank drafting file being sent to the bank.