My Utility Bill Customer Portal
Have a question about your account but don’t have time to come to our office or the time to sit on hold? You are now able to set up a My Utility Bill customer portal account online. My Utility Bill offers easy access to:
- Account overview
- Online Bill Pay
- Update contact information
- Compare usage history from month to month
- Access billing history
- See transaction history
- Sign up for automatic bill payment
- Set up a new service, transfer current services to a new address and terminate existing services
My Utility Bill also offers one sign in to be able to see account information if you have multiple locations under your customer number. Just complete the opens in a new windowregistration page to sign up. You will need your customer number and account number to set up your new online account. The customer number is the first eight digits including the leading zeros of your 15 digit account number listed on your bill. The account number is the last seven digits including leading zeroes. You will need to verify your account by clicking the link in your verification email to be able to access your new account. Please feel free to contact Utility Customer Service at 573.874.7380 or opens in a new email@example.com.
*The City of Columbia accepts only VISA, MasterCard and Discover. We are unable to accept other credit cards at this time.
Once activated, your utility bill amount will be automatically deducted from your bank account 20 days after the bill date, allowing the customer time to review and contact Utility Customer Service with any questions.
- You can opens in a new windowmake a one-time payment without having to set up a My Utility Bill customer portal account. You will need a copy of your bill, or know your full account number to gain access.
- You can sign in to your My Utility Bill customer portal and use the Pay Bills link to make your payment.
- Online Bill pay and payments made over the phone are handled by a third party, Paymentus, which charges a convenience fee.
Pay by Phone
Toll free: (844) 234-0641
Local: (573) 874-7694
- Call our automated phone system by using either number above. Have your utility bill close by so you can enter your account number to gain access. You will need to include all the digits on your account number, including the zeros, without a dash.
- You should be entering 15 digits. Example: 0000XXXX0000XXX
Pay by Mail
Send payments to:
Utility Customer Service
P.O. Box 1676
Columbia, MO 65205
Pay in Person
Walk-up windows are located at Utility Customer Service Office: 701 E Broadway.
Drive-up windows are located on the north side of Utility Customer Service Office: 701 E Broadway.
You must have your bill in order to use this location. If you do not have your bill, please park and come inside.
A drop box is located on the north side of the Utility Customer Service Office at: 701 E Broadway.
Payments may also be dropped off at the Customer Service Center inside:
Gerbes grocery stores (all locations)
Schnucks grocery store, Forum Blvd.
City drop boxes may be used to make payments on utility bills, parking violations, home energy loans and any other City of Columbia invoices. Please be sure to notate what account your payment is for to ensure it is processed appropriately.