Beginning service for new commercial customers
Requests to have utilities turned on MUST be made in person at 701 E. Broadway
- Application for Commercial Utility Service can be downloaded and completed before coming in.
- Deposit will be required up front.
- Proof of City of Columbia business license and TAX ID (if applicable)
Deposits and Fees
- Deposit will be equal to twice the average monthly bill of a similar business
- $6 Service fee to set up a new account OR
- $15 if customer wants utilities connected the SAME day.
Acceptable Forms of Deposits For Commercial Accounts
- Letter of credit from a Missouri financial institution
- CD (Certificate of Deposit) or Assignment of Savings at a local Bank