Education & Outreach Program
The City of Columbia, Missouri – Stormwater Education & Outreach program helps educate local residents about stormwater topics, such as what stormwater is, how it becomes polluted, and how individuals can help protect our local streams, creeks and recreational waterways.
Stormwater Resources: Education
Stormwater Resources: Outreach
- Pollution Prevention
- Sustainable Lawn Care
- Special Projects & Events
Stormwater Resources: Social Media
Stormwater Resources: Volunteer Activities
- The Crawdads – City Stream Team.
- Volunteer to mark storm drains in your neighborhood
- Adopt-A-Rain Garden
- Hinkson Clean Sweep – City-wide stream cleanup every year in October.
Stormwater Resources: City of Columbia Utilities
- Stormwater Engineering – Find contact information, construction standards, inspection forms, Stormwater Utility projects, stormwater manuals, stormwater MS4 permit and resource information about the City’s stormwater management program.
Boone County, City of Columbia and the University of Missouri coordinate stormwater activities. The three institutions are joint holders of a Phase II Stormwater Permit issued by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES).