Apartment Recycling Program
Program provides a recycling container within walking distance of each unit for no additional cost!
Here’s how it works:
- Apartment complexes currently participating in this program are listed on this page.
- Each apartment complex will have one recycling location on the property. The exact location can be found by clicking on each property.
- Residents should separate their material into three categories: mixed fiber recycling, mixed container recycling, and trash. Keep in mind that the trash dumpster might be located somewhere else on the property. Please make sure that everything is sorted properly and placed in the correct dumpster!
- Trash material must be stored in a plastic bag and then placed in the trash dumpster. Recyclables do not need to be stored in a plastic bag. You can have a reusable plastic tub and empty the material into a recycling dumpster.
Participating Apartment Complexes
- Aria Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Ash Street Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Ashland Manor Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Benton Stephens Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Boulder Springs of Columbiaopens PDF file
- Briarcrest Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Broadway Communitiesopens PDF file
- Broadway Village Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Brookside Downtown on 10th Streetopens PDF file
- Brookside Downtown on Locustopens PDF file
- Brookside Midtownopens PDF file
- Campus Lodgeopens PDF file
- Campus View
- Columbia Crossing Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Copper Beech Townhomesopens PDF file
- Courtyard Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Dalclifton Apartments
- Eastgate Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Elevate231opens PDF file
- Forest Village Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Four Winds Villagesopens PDF file
- Foxfire Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Grayson Cottagesopens PDF file
- Grindstone Canyonopens PDF file
- Hanover Village Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Heather Ridge Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Hyde Parkopens PDF file
- Katy Place Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Kelly’s Ridge Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Kelly Farms Apartments
- Lake Broadway Townhomesopens PDF file
- Lenoir Woodsopens PDF file
- Library Place Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Lofts at Cherry Hill
- Lofts at the Manoropens PDF file
- Lyon Crest at 408 Circusopens PDF file
- Lyon Crest at 505 Lyonopens PDF file
- North Hampton Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Providence Hill Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Smithton Condominiumsopens PDF file
- Spencer’s Crest Condominiumsopens PDF file
- Stadium Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Stephens Park & Lakewood Apartmentsopens PDF file
- The Den Columbiaopens PDF file
- The Domain
- The Greens & The Links at Columbiaopens PDF file
- THE LYFE at Missouriopens PDF file
- The Pointe at Rock Quarry Parkopens PDF file
- The Reserve at Columbiaopens PDF file
- The Rowopens PDF file
- Tiger Villageopens PDF file
- U Centre on Turneropens PDF file
- University Place Apartmentsopens PDF file
- White Oak Apartmentsopens PDF file
- Woodlake Apartmentsopens PDF file
Solid waste should be separated into 3 categories:
|Recycling – Containers||Recycling – Fiber||Trash|
Rigid plastics #1-7 – cups, bottles, rigid packagingGlass jars or bottlesAluminum and tin cans
Cardboard – flattenedOffice or Notebook Paper
Newspaper – remove from sleeveChipboard – cereal box
|NO Styrofoam, plastic bags, plastic film, or aluminum foil||NO tissue paper or food-covered plates and bowls||NO hazardous waste, electronics, appliances or recyclables|
Do you live in downtown Columbia?
As residents of the Downtown Community Improvement District (The District), you are responsible for placing your household waste in designated recycle and trash dumpsters. Newer complexes may have these available in the basement of the building, others may be located in an alley or parking lot near by.
Your apartment complex not on the list?
Please contact your landlord to ask why they do not have recycling. It does not cost have this recycling container, but the landlord must be willing to dedicate one parking space (preferably near a trash dumpster). If you are a property manager and are interested in joining the program at NO CHARGE, please call the Contact Center at 573.874.CITY (2489).
You can also recycle anytime at a Recycling Drop-off Center!
Apartment Trash Services
Multi-family homes do not receive curbside trash collection. Instead, trash dumpsters are permanently placed throughout the property. This means that trash can be disposed any time of day, 7 days/week and you do not need to store the material in your apartment unit. Also, you do not need to place the trash in bags when using a dumpster. Residents may choose to purchase bags, roll carts, or storage bins to help transport trash to the dumpster. The City of Columbia does not sell these items.
Please consider alternative options before disposing material in a trash dumpster:
- Donations (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.)
- Thrift Stores
- Online marketplace (Facebook, Craigslist, eBay, etc)
- Garage Sales
“One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.”