Apartment Recycling Program
This program provides a recycling container that is walking distance from each apartment unit.
Here’s how it works:
- Apartment complexes currently participating in this program are listed below. (All apartment complexes in Columbia are eligible for this program, so contact your landlord if you wish to participate.)
- Each apartment complex has a designated recycling day the container is available to residents. Designated recycling days are noted below in parentheses.
- Recycling containers have two compartments: one side for mixed fiber and the other side for mixed container materials.
Materials should be sorted into 3 categories:
Plastics #1-7 – cups, bottles, rigid packagingGlass jars or bottlesAluminum and tin cans
Cardboard – flattenedOffice or Notebook Paper
Newspaper – remove from sleeveChipboard – cereal box
|NO styofoam, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil||NO tissue paper or food soiled plates, bows, cups or pizza boxes||NO hazardous waste, electronics, appliances or recyclables|
Participating Apartment Complexes
- Ash Street Place Apts. (Thursday)
- Ashland Manor (Tuesday)
- Aspen Heights (Thursday)
- Boulder Springs (Saturday/Sunday)
- Broadway Apartments (Thursday)
- Broadway Village (Tuesday)
- Campus Lodge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Columbia Crossing (Saturday/Sunday)
- Copper Beech (Tuesday)
- Courtyard Apartments (Tuesday)
- Dalclifton Apts. (Saturday/Sunday)
- Eastgate Apartments (Thursday)
- Forest Village/Woodlake (Tuesday)
- Four Winds Village (Tuesday)
- Foxfire (Saturday/Sunday)
- Grindstone Canyon (Tuesday)
- Hanover Village (Tuesday)
- Heather Ridge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Hyde Park (Tuesday)
- Katy Place (Saturday/Sunday)
- Kelly’s Ridge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Kitty Hawk (Saturday/Sunday)
- Lake Broadway (Thursday)
- Lenoir (Tuesday)
- North Hampton Apartments (Tuesday)
- Providence Hill (Thursday)
- Smithton Condos (Thursday)
- Spencer’s Crest (Thursday)
- Stephens Park/ Lakewood (Saturday /Sunday)
- Grayson Cottages (Thursday)
- The Den (Thursday)
- The Domain (Saturday/ Sunday)
- The Greens & The Links (Saturday/Sunday)
- The LYFE at Missouri (Tuesday)
- The Pointe at Rock Quarry (Thursday)
- The Reserve (Thursday)
- Tiger Village (Tuesday)
- University Heights (Thursday)
Do you live downtown?
As residents of the Downtown Community Improvement District (CID), you are responsible for placing your household waste in designated recycle and trash dumpsters. Newer complexes may have these available in the basement of the building, others may be located in an alley or parking lot near by.
Is your apartment complex not on the list?
Please contact your landlord to ask why they do not have recycling. It does not cost have this recycling container, but the landlord must be willing to dedicate one parking space (preferably near a trash dumpster). If they are interested in joining the program, please call the Contact Center at 573-874-CITY (2489).
You can recycle any day of the week at a Recycling Drop-off Center.
Apartment Trash Services
Multi-family homes do not receive curbside trash collection. Instead, trash dumpsters are permanently placed throughout the property. This means that trash can be disposed any time of day, 7 days/week and you do not need to store the material in your apartment unit. Also, you do not need to place the trash in bags when using a dumpster. Residents may choose to purchase bags, roll carts, or storage bins to help transport trash to the dumpster. The City of Columbia does not sell these items.
Please consider alternative options before disposing material in a trash dumpster:
- Donations (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.)
- Thrift Stores
- Craigslist and Ebay
- Garage Sales
“One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.”