Apartment Recycling Program
Program provides a recycling container within walking distance of each unit for no additional cost!
Here’s how it works:
- Apartment complexes currently participating in this program are listed below. (All apartment complexes in Columbia are eligible for the program, so contact your landlord if you wish to participate.)
- Each apartment complex has a designated recycling day the container is available to residents. Designated recycling days are noted below in parentheses.
- Recycling containers have two compartments: one side for mixed fiber and the other side for mixed container materials.
Materials should be sorted into 3 categories:
Rigid plastics #1-7 – cups, bottles, rigid packagingGlass jars or bottlesAluminum and tin cans
Cardboard – flattenedOffice or Notebook Paper
Newspaper – remove from sleeveChipboard – cereal box
|NO styofoam, plastic wrap, or aluminum foil||NO tissue paper or food soiled plates, bows, cups or pizza boxes||NO hazardous waste, electronics, appliances or recyclables|
Participating Apartment Complexes
- Aria Apartments (Tuesday)
- Ash Street Place Apts. (Thursday)
- Ashland Manor (Tuesday)
- Aspen Heights (Thursday)
- Benton Stephens Apts. (Saturday/Sunday)
- Boulder Springs (Saturday/Sunday)
- Briarcrest Apts. (Saturday/Sunday)
- Broadway Apts. (Thursday)
- Broadway Village (Tuesday)
- Campus Lodge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Columbia Crossing Condos (Saturday/Sunday)
- Copper Beech (Tuesday)
- Courtyard Apartments (Tuesday)
- Dalclifton Apts. (Saturday/Sunday)
- Eastgate Apartments (Thursday)
- Forest Village Apartments (Tuesday)
- Four Winds Village (Tuesday)
- Foxfire (Saturday/Sunday)
- Grayson Cottages (Thursday)
- Grindstone Canyon (Tuesday)
- Hanover Village (Tuesday)
- Heather Ridge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Hyde Park (Tuesday)
- Katy Place (Saturday/Sunday)
- Kelly’s Ridge (Saturday/Sunday)
- Lake Broadway (Thursday)
- Lenoir Woods (Tuesday)
- Lofts at Cherry Hill (Thursday)
- Lyon Crest at 408 Circus (Saturday/Sunday)
- North Hampton Apts. (Tuesday)
- Providence Hill (Thursday)
- Smithton Condos (Thursday)
- Spencer’s Crest (Thursday)
- Stadium Apartments (Tuesday)
- Stephens Park/ Lakewood (Saturday /Sunday)
- The Den (Thursday)
- The Domain (Saturday/ Sunday)
- The Greens & The Links (Saturday/Sunday)
- The LYFE at Missouri (Tuesday)
- The Pointe at Rock Quarry (Thursday)
- The Reserve (Thursday)
- Tiger Village (Tuesday)
- U Centre on Turner (Thursday)
- Woodlake Apartments (Thursday)
Note: Some apartment complexes now have recycling dumpsters or roll carts available every day of the week:
- Brookside Downtown on 10th St.
- Brookside Downtown on Locust St.
- Brookside Midtown
- Brookside Townhomes
- Campus View
- Kelly Farms Apartments
- Library Place Apartments
- Lofts at the Manor
- Lyon Crest (505 Lyon)
- The Row
- University Place Apartments
- White Oak Apartments
Do you live downtown?
As residents of the Downtown Community Improvement District (The District), you are responsible for placing your household waste in designated recycle and trash dumpsters. Newer complexes may have these available in the basement of the building, others may be located in an alley or parking lot near by.
Your apartment complex not on the list?
Please contact your landlord to ask why they do not have recycling. It does not cost have this recycling container, but the landlord must be willing to dedicate one parking space (preferably near a trash dumpster). If you are a property manager and are interested in joining the program at NO CHARGE, please call the Contact Center at 573.874.CITY (2489).
You can recycle any day of the week at a Recycling Drop-off Center.
Apartment Trash Services
Multi-family homes do not receive curbside trash collection. Instead, trash dumpsters are permanently placed throughout the property. This means that trash can be disposed any time of day, 7 days/week and you do not need to store the material in your apartment unit. Also, you do not need to place the trash in bags when using a dumpster. Residents may choose to purchase bags, roll carts, or storage bins to help transport trash to the dumpster. The City of Columbia does not sell these items.
Please consider alternative options before disposing material in a trash dumpster:
- Donations (Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.)
- Thrift Stores
- Online marketplace (Facebook, Craigslist, eBay, etc)
- Garage Sales
“One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.”