The City of Columbia is at the forefront of energy conservation programs and renewable energy procurement and production.
- Renewable Energy: Read through Columbia’s Renewable energy report.
- Demand Side Management: Read through Columbia’s Demand Side Management report to see the impacts energy efficiency programs have on the local community and economy.
- Rental Energy Efficiency
- Utility Data Map: Use this tool to gather historical electric and water usage for customer rental units.
- Rental Energy Efficiency report by MU Truman School of Public Affairs in 2012
- Environment & Energy Commission proposal
- Energy Efficiency: Visit Columbia’s programs that help to increase your energy efficiency and read get some conservation tips.
- City Green: The District: The City of Columbia received a grant from the US Environmental Protection Office (EPA), Climate Showcase Communities. Through the City’s Grant titled, “City Green: The District” the City worked cooperatively with downtown businesses and building owners to reduce energy usage and the associated greenhouse gas emissions.
- CoMo Energy Challenge: Columbia’s effort to win the Georgetown University Energy Prize. We competed against 49 other small-, to mid-sized communities to reduce energy consumption in our homes, schools, and municipal buildings. The competition ran from 2013-2016. Results should be announced in Fall 2017 – where we could win $5 Million!!