COMO COMMON GROUND – Community Gardens
Community Garden Locations:
- Fire House #8 – Britt/Hall Community Garden – Native Wildflower, Orchard & Stormwater Education Site
- Fire House #7- Stormy’s Meadow Community Garden – Native Wildflower, Orchard & Stormwater Education Site
- Columbia Area Career Center (C.A.C.C) – Culinary Arts – Columbia Public Schools Community Garden
- Fire House #5 – D. H. Crum Community Garden – Native Wildflower, Orchard & Stormwater Education Site
- Unite4Health Community Garden: Employees from multiple city departments partnered with Community Garden Coalition members to utilize vacant land west of the Health Department for a community garden. The garden provides benefit to the neighborhood and WIC participants.
Looking for a place to have a garden this season?
- Contact the Community Garden Coalition (CGC) of Columbia and Boone County, Missouri. The CGC is a not-for-profit volunteer group that provides support, supplies, and garden plots to community gardeners, seeking especially to help lower-income individuals, the elderly, people with disabilities, children, and others who might not be able to have a garden on their own.
- City Parks and Recreation Department Community Garden plots are available for rental at Fairview Park, 1001 Fairview Road, with access to plots off of Westport Road. Try out your “green thumb” on one of our 25′ x 50′ non-irrigated garden areas.
Local Farmer’s Markets:
Columbia is host to many farmer’s markets and food stands. Three are located on the city-owned property for part of the year (April – October):
- North Village Arts District Farmers and Artisans Market is located Sunday’s at our Wabash Station.
- The Columbia Farmer’s Market is located at our ARC facility.
- The Boone County Farmer’s Market is located at our Sanford-Kimpton Health Department building
The City of Columbia encourages strategies to minimize the impact on ecosystems and our natural resources.