Funding Fiscal Year:
|GetAbout Phase II Funds|
Project Description: A 10-foot-wide concrete trail, starting at the east end of Rollins Street, crossing Hinkson Creek and connecting at the Bluffdale Drive cul-de-sac, will provide nonmotorized transportation access for students to the University of Missouri-Columbia campus in Ward 6. An additional trail connecting to Stadium Boulevard and the Hinkson Creek Trail will also be completed by Columbia Parks and Recreation. (For more information about the Hinkson Creek Trail connection go here) Together the two trail projects will provide an important link in the north-south section of the 30-mile trail loop around Columbia, allowing residents north of I-70 access to the MKT Trail, the University campus and downtown Columbia.
Project Status: Emery Sapp and Sons began construction of the project on Nov. 1, 2019. The project is scheduled for completion in Summer 2020.
Project Manager: Allison Anderson, P.E.
- Second Public Hearing: Feb. 5, 2018
- First Public Hearing: March 16, 2015
- Interested Parties Meeting: January 26, 2015
- City of Columbia Public Involvement Process
- FINAL Shepard to Rollins Report – TranSystems opens PDF file
- Final Plansopens PDF file
- Alignments 1&3 Diagramopens IMAGE file
- Federal Aid Environmental Dataopens PDF file
- Certified Ordinance 023470opens PDF file
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)opens PDF file
- Army Corp of Engineers Low Water Crossing Permitopens PDF file
- Compliance with 42 U.S. Code Chapter 61opens WORD file
- Scenic Conservation Bikeway/Walkway Easementopens PDF file
Construction Updates: (See Project Timeline)
Feb. 10, 2020 (Feb. 12, 2020): The contractor plans to move its crane out of the project site on Wednesday, Feb. 12, weather permitting. This will require No Parking signs to be placed on Bluffdale Drive for Wednesday, Feb. 12, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Parking will resume as normal once the crane as been removed.
Jan. 22, 2020: The parking restriction scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 23, for bridge parts to be delivered has been postponed due to weather. The new date is Tuesday, Jan. 28 when parking on both sides of Bluffdale Drive will be restricted from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Nov. 22, 2019: Bluffdale Drive from Old Highway 63 to the dead end is being posted today on both sides as “No Parking, Nov 26, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.” This temporary one day restriction on both sides is to allow the delivery of construction equipment for the Rollins to Shepard trail project. We appreciate your patience and finding alternate parking during those hours.
March 19, 2019: The City began preliminary work on the trail project on March 19, 2019. The initial stage of the project was the removal of a limited number of trees. Of the 18 trees being removed, 14 were identified as being dead. Once trail construction is complete, the City will implement a tree restoration plan.
Return to Current CIP Projects