Funding Fiscal Year:
|Design 2016/Construction 2020|
|2015 Capital Improvement Sales Tax ballot|
Project Description: Two roundabouts will be constructed on Nifong Boulevard, at Sinclair Street and Old Mill Creek Road, to improve safety, reduce queue lengths and decrease travel times by the removal of four-way stops and the installation of more efficient and sustainable intersections. These roundabout will be single-lane roundabouts, expandable to partial dual-lane roundabouts. Vawter School Road and Country Wood Road also intersect at the Old Mill Creek Roundabout.
Project Status: Construction planned to begin April 27, 2020, and be completed by fall 2020.
Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons Inc.
Project Manager: Allison Anderson, P.E.
Designer: Bartlett and West
Interested Parties Meeting: June 20, 2017
Public Hearing: Oct. 16, 2017
- Location Diagram – Nifong Intersection Improvementsopens PDF file
- Old Mill Creek and Vawter School Intersection Layoutopens PDF file
- Sinclair and Nifong Intersection Layoutopens PDF file
- Council Memoopens PDF file
- Exhibit A – Site Locationopens PDF file
- Exhibit B – Existing intersection layoutopens PDF file
- Exhibit C – Proposed layouts and investment estimatesopens PDF file
- Exhibit D – Technical Memorandumopens PDF file
- Exhibit E – Nifong intersectionsopens PDF file
- Exhibit F – Roundabout Safetyopens PDF file
- Exhibit G – Public Commentsopens PDF file
- Informationopens PDF file Sheetopens PDF file
- Traffic Studyopens PDF file
- City of Columbia Public Involvement Process
April 13, 2020: Social media location diagrams:
Nifong and Sinclair:
Nifong and Old Mill Creek:
Return to Current CIP Projects