Funding Fiscal Year:
|Design 2016/Construction 2019 & 2020|
|2015 Capital Improvement Sales Tax ballot|
Project Description: Two roundabouts will be constructed on Nifong Boulevard to increase safety, reduce queue lengths and decrease travel times by the removal of four-way stops and the installation of more efficient and sustainable intersections. These roundabout will be single-lane roundabouts, expandable to partial dual-lane roundabouts. Vawter School Road and Country Wood Road also intersect at the Old Mill Creek Roundabout. The Old Mill Creek Roundabout will be constructed first in 2019. The roundabout at Sinclair Street will be constructed in the summer of 2020.
Project Status: Working on easement acquisition and final plans.
Project Manager: Allison Anderson, P.E.
Designer: Bartlett and West
Interested Parties Meeting: June 20, 2017
Public Hearing: Oct. 16, 2017
- Location Diagram – Nifong Intersection Improvements
- Old Mill Creek and Vawter School Intersection Layout
- Sinclair and Nifong Intersection Layout
- Council Memo
- Exhibit A – Site Location
- Exhibit B – Existing intersection layout
- Exhibit C – Proposed layouts and investment estimates
- Exhibit D – Technical Memorandum
- Exhibit E – Nifong intersections
- Exhibit F – Roundabout Safety
- Exhibit G – Public Comments
- Information Sheet
- Traffic Study
- City of Columbia Public Involvement Process
Return to Current CIP Projects