Funding Fiscal Year:
|Design 2016/Construction 2020|
|2015 Capital Improvement Sales Tax ballot|
Project Description: Two roundabouts will be constructed on Nifong Boulevard to improve safety, reduce queue lengths and decrease travel times by the removal of four-way stops and the installation of more efficient and sustainable intersections. These roundabout will be single-lane roundabouts, expandable to partial dual-lane roundabouts. Vawter School Road and Country Wood Road also intersect at the Old Mill Creek Roundabout.
Project Status: Project will be bid over the winter with construction planned for spring 2020.
Project Manager: Allison Anderson, P.E.
Designer: Bartlett and West
Interested Parties Meeting: June 20, 2017
Public Hearing: Oct. 16, 2017
- Location Diagram – Nifong Intersection Improvements
- Old Mill Creek and Vawter School Intersection Layout
- Sinclair and Nifong Intersection Layout
- Council Memo
- Exhibit A – Site Location
- Exhibit B – Existing intersection layout
- Exhibit C – Proposed layouts and investment estimates
- Exhibit D – Technical Memorandum
- Exhibit E – Nifong intersections
- Exhibit F – Roundabout Safety
- Exhibit G – Public Comments
- Information Sheet
- Traffic Study
- City of Columbia Public Involvement Process
Return to Current CIP Projects