Capital Improvement Program Engineering is responsible for the design and construction of community-approved infrastructure projects in the Pubic Works Capital Improvements Program (CIP). This includes survey, design, right-of-way acquisition, contracting and construction inspection.
Infrastructure projects go through a thorough Public Involvement Process and are prioritized as part of the City’s annual budget process. Projects are designed to the highest safety and performance standards possible while paying close attention to citizen input as well as environmental and economic concerns.
One of the main goals of our engineers is to promote safety for all modes of transportation in the design and construction of the street and sidewalk improvements. For example, roadway projects include the “complete street” concept that incorporates bike lanes, sidewalks, safe turning movements, etc. New infrastructure must also be in compliance with all local, state and national standards including guidelines set by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- City of Columbia Capital Improvement Planning Documents (FY 2008 – 2020)
- Columbia Parks and Recreation Capital Improvement Program
- City of Columbia Utilities Capital Improvement Projects
- City of Columbia Community Development – Planning & Development
- Columbia Area Transportation Study Organization (CATSO)
- Progress as Promised – Completed Projects
- Public Involvement Process
- Acquisition of Private Property for Public Improvements
- Public Works Updates
- Public Works Engineering
- 2015 Capital Improvement Sales Tax