Interim Police Chief Geoff Jones appointed the Vehicle Stop Committee on April 23, 2019. The committee addresses disparities in Columbia’s vehicle stop rates by:
- Examining existing data.
- Identifying variables affecting an officer’s decision to stop a vehicle.
- Finding solutions, methods or processes to fill data gaps.
- Setting a timeline for research.
- Identifying policing training/best practices that should be examined for changes.
- Make any recommendations that are developed to Chief Jones.
The full Committee meets the second Tuesday of each month, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., in the Mezzanine Conference Room, City Hall, 701 E. Broadway. Meetings are free and open to the public.
|Members ||Members |
|Committee Agendas||Subcommittee Agendas|
|Committee Minutes and Supporting Documents||Subcommittee Minutes and Supporting Documents |
- Chief’s Charge
- Committee Procedure Checklist
- Subcommittee Procedure Checklist
- Meeting Schedule & Attendance Policy
Laws, Rules and Policies
- RSMo Section 590.650 — Missouri law relating to vehicle stop reporting.
- 15 CSR 60-10 — Missouri rules relating to vehicle stop reporting.