The Special Services Bureau is headed by Assistant Chief Brian Richenberger and Lieutenant Michael Hestir. This Bureau consists of the following:
- Community Oriented Unit
- North Neighborhood
- East Neighborhood
- Central Neighborhood
- Paris to Highway 63 Corridor
- Events, Traffic & DWI
The Training and Recruiting Unit is responsible for recruiting quality applicants, conducting the background and hiring process, onboarding new employees. Additionally, the TRU trains new hires to conduct ongoing education and training and designs training to implement community policing principles into the policing mission.
The Community Outreach Unit attempts to maintain community peace, respond to community needs, reduce crime and reduce calls for police service by engaging community support through personal connections with people in affected neighborhoods and service providers. Questions, comments and feedback regarding the COU should be directed to Michael.Hestir@CoMo.gov.
- North Neighborhood Map
- Central Neighborhood Map
- East Neighborhood Map
- Paris to Highway 63 Corridor Map
- Listen and act upon the cares and concerns of the community.
- Establish a network of community contacts.
- Create an environment in which community members are comfortable to communicate with the police.
- Identify problem areas, people, and situations within the community.
- Identify areas in which police meet the needs of these communities and areas in which police do not meet the needs of these communities.
- Responsibly enforce the law in these communities to build trust in those who call upon us.
The Events Unit is responsible for ensuring public safety and represents CPD on the city events board.
The Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Unit is a grant-funded unit through the state of Missouri. The DWI Unit consists of two traffic officers who focus on locating impaired drivers on the roadway in efforts of preventing alcohol-related crashes. The DWI Unit will also make contact with speeding motorists and motorists involved in other traffic-related violations.