Report a Crime Online

If the crime you are reporting is occurring now or you have an emergency, call 911 immediately.


Welcome to the Columbia Police Department’s Online Police Reporting service.

This report is offered as a service to our citizens and its use is voluntary and subject to the following guidelines:

  • Report only incidents that occurred within the city limits of Columbia using this form.
  • Report crimes that occurred in Boone County outside of Columbia’s city limits by calling (573) 442-6131 or visiting the Boone County Sheriff’s Department web site.
  • Report incidents that occurred on University of Missouri-Columbia property by calling (573) 882-7201 or visiting the MU Police Department web site.
  • Do not report a crime that happened to someone else using this form unless you are a representative of a business reporting a crime that happened to the business.
  • To remain anonymous, submit your report through CrimeStoppers.
  • Enter information as completely as possible. This will allow your report to be filed in a timely manner without someone having to re-contact you.
  • You may report only the crimes listed below online. Please read the definitions of each crime to determine if you should use the Online Police Report.
    • Stealing – someone stole your property or left your gas station or convenience store without paying for gasoline.
    • Vandalism – damaging or defacing the property of another person; malicious mischief, such as knocking over mailboxes, or throwing rocks through windows.
    • Suspicious Activity – you witnessed an incident, a person, or a vehicle that was suspicious in nature.
    • Accident Report – file an accident report.
    • Disabled Parking Violations – report only disabled parking violations here, all others should be reported below.
    • Parking/Traffic Violation – report any other parking or traffic violation .
    • Shoplifting – use the shoplifting report form.
    • Graffiti – To report graffiti for clean up, please fill out this form or call the Office of Neighborhood Services at (573) 817-5050
    • Bicycle Harassment

If you are not sure your incident fits one of these crimes or you prefer to report the crime over the phone, please call 311.

Be advised that filing a false police report is illegal and may result in criminal charges being brought against you. If you do not provide a valid name, phone number, or e-mail address, as required in certain fields, your report will not be filed.

Online Police Report