Media relations for the department is handled by the City of Columbia Community Relations Department. The Community Relations Department provides services that help citizens connect with City government including: publications; the City Channel; and neighborhood relations. The department’s mission is to provide accurate, timely and reliable information for all citizens.
All inquiries should be directed to Communications and Marketing Manager Brian Adkisson and/or Director of Community Relations Steve Sapp at PolicePIO@CoMo.gov.
Ways to stay connected
Social media is a main source to follow the activities and operations of the Columbia Police Department. Often times, news reporters will get story ideas simply from following our Facebook and Twitter pages. Additional resources include:
We are working on a digital version of the media book, which is currently located in our lobby.
Records requests are made through the Public Records Portal.
The Media Guide was created to assist members of the media in finding available resources, complying with public disclosure laws, and protecting the integrity of on-going criminal investigations. If you would like a hard copy of the Media Guide, please contact the department at (573) 874-7652.
- Crimes & arrests – What information is available?
- Do I call police or fire?
- Establishing the identity of a deceased person
- Amber Alerts
- Missouri Endangered Silver Advisory
- Critical incidents & high risk operations
- Media staging area
- Verifying tips from the public
- Missouri Sunshine Law
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Press Releases
- Police Data
- Body Worn Camera Footage
- Records Requests
- Budget Information
- Federal Asset Forfeiture Program (funding information)
- Unclaimed Property List
- Benchmark cities survey results