The Columbia Trail System features a variety of trails in different settings – parks, nature sanctuaries, along creeks and through wooded areas – with a variety of trail surfaces for runners, walkers, wheelers, and bicyclists. Amenities along the trails, such as water fountains, restrooms, and bike repair stations, are provided to make your journey easier. You can find the location of these amenities on the trails map.
Choose the trail type in the box on the top right, and a list of trails will appear.
Trails have long been important to the quality of life for Columbians. In a 2015 city-wide citizen survey, it was found that 82 percent of Columbia households use the trail system! In fact, this love of trails extends outside Columbia’s borders – the state of Missouri in 2013 was named the “Best Trails State” by American Trails, a national, nonprofit organization working on behalf of the nation’s hiking, biking and riding trails. Columbia Parks and Recreation is proud to contribute to this designation.
- Other Trail Information
- Trail Guide & Map
- Go CoMo Trails App
- Trails Plan and 30-Mile Trail Loop
- History of Trail Development in Columbia, MO
- Choosing the Right Trail Surface for Construction
- Accessible Multi-Use Trails
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Columbia Bike Map
- Citizen Survey: Impact of the MKT Trail on Nearby Property Owners
- Trail Etiquette, Rules and Regulations
- Trail Information for Property Owners
- Trail Safety Tips
- Trail Categories
- Park Patrol Volunteer Program
- Parks & Facilities Guide
- Park Directory