Join our Facebook event page for updates!
2020 EVENT DETAILS
The 7th annual Splat Jr. Obstacle Course Mud Run at the Gans Creek Recreation Area has been RESCHEDULED for Saturday, Aug. 15, 2020 in order to comply with Boone County COVID-19 guidelines. Some of the accommodations we have made include:
- Reduced number of participants in each WAVE.
- Extra time between each WAVE to allow more spacing between groups.
- Each participant is limited to one spectator. This limitation is in place to reduce the number of people at the event site.
All pertinent and current guidelines regarding COVID-19 will be provided in the pre-event email that all registered participants will receive the week of the event.
The Splat challenge is for kids ages 4-15 years old. Depending on age, participants will complete a 1K (4-5 year olds), 2K (6-8 year olds) or 3K (8-15 year olds) course including walls, pipes, tires and, of course, lots of mud!
The Splat! course and obstacles are designed to be age-appropriate in difficulty and distance. There are 6 WAVES at this year’s event, each having a 125-participant cap. Waves 5 and 6 (8 to 15-year-olds) are great for families and groups with kids in more than one age group who want to run together. Please note that this is a longer course for 8 year-olds than WAVES 2, 3 and 4. Splat is a great event for individual kids, siblings or groups (sports teams, birthday parties or any group wanting to take part in a unique and memorable event).
WAVE 1 8:15 am 4-5 year olds ~ 1 Kilometer 12 obstacles
WAVE 2 9:00 am 6-8 year olds ~ 2 Kilometers 16 obstacles
WAVE 3 9:45 am 6-8 year olds ~ 2 Kilometers 16 obstacles
WAVE 4 10:30 am 6-8 year olds ~ 2 Kilometers 16 obstacles
WAVE 5 11:15 am 8-15 year olds ~ 3 Kilometers 20 obstacles
WAVE 6 12:00 pm 8-15 year olds ~ 3 Kilometers 20 obstacles
Splat! is at Gans Creek Recreation Area, 3350 E. Gans Road (across from Father Tolton High School).
- Splat is $25 per child. ADVANCE REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
- Register your child for Splat Jr. Obstacle Course Mud Run online. We can also quickly and easily register you over the phone, just give us a call at opens in a new window573-874-7460opens phone dialer (Mon-Fri 8 am-5 pm) or call the ARC at opens in a new window573-874-7700opens phone dialer (extended hours 7 days a week).
- All registered participants will receive a Splat T-shirt and Splat drawstring pack.
- Splat has a history of selling out; register early to get the wave you want! There will be NO EVENT DAY REGISTRATION.
Friday, Aug 14
Packet pick up at the ARC, 1701 W Ash, from 12:30-6:30 pm.
Saturday, Aug 15
7:30 am – Packet pickup opens at Gans Creek Recreation Area
WAVE 1 8:15 am 4-5 years old 1K 12 obstacles
WAVE 2 9:00 am 6-8 years old 2K 16 obstacles
WAVE 3 9:45 am 6-8 years old 2K 16 obstacles
WAVE 4 10:30 am 6-8 years old 2K 16 obstacles
WAVE 5 11:15 am 8-15 years old 3K 20 obstacles
WAVE 6 12:00 pm 8-15 years old 3K 20 obstacles
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SPLAT!
- Participants should plan to get muddy; wear clothes and shoes that are OK to get really muddy (shirt and shoes are required – NO flip flops please).
- TIE YOUR SHOES TIGHTLY! No duct tape please.
- We strongly suggest you pick up your packet of event materials on Friday, Aug 14, 12:30-6:30 pm at the ARC (1701 W Ash) if possible.
- PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR WAVE TIME IF YOU HAVE YOUR PACKET AND AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE IF YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET AT THE EVENT.
- There will be a spectator loop so you can take pictures on the course, please stay inside your marked boundary. Adults (parents and spectators) are NOT allowed on the obstacles.
- Participants will be going over/under walls, on balance beams and through mud and grass. A first aid tent will be available if needed.
- A change of clothes and/or a towel is a good idea.
- Bring a few dollars to grab a Kona ice!
- Don’t wear jewelry or glasses (unless absolutely necessary).
- A “shower” station to rinse off will be available.
- A parent or guardian is to remain at the event area, please do NOT drop your children off for the event.
- Splat! is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the event may be delayed until weather passes, or postponed.
- Arrive ready to be AWESOME!!
Map from 2019 (updated map coming soon)
PICTURES AND LINKS
View Splat! past event pictures by following these links:
Thanks to our 2020 sponsors (more to come):