UPDATE: Kaleidospoke has been changed to a two-night event, choose which night works best for you! COVID-19 guidelines will be in place as well as the City’s mask ordinance. Each evening will be limited to 100 participants. All participants will be required to wear a mask when not riding or eating/drinking.
Friday, September 11, 2020 (CANCELED DUE TO RAIN)
Saturday, September 12, 2020 (SOLD OUT)
Flat Branch Park / Twin Lakes Recreation Area
Registration: Call 573-874-7460 or register online
Registration Deadline: Noon, Friday, September 11, 2020
To stay up-to-date, visit our Facebook event page!
Kaleidospoke Schedule for BOTH Friday, Sept. 11 and Saturday, Sept. 12 (subject to change)
6:00-7:00 pm: Materials pick up at Flat Branch Park (101 S 4th Street)
6:00-7:00 pm: Bike Maintenance by Walt’s Bike Shop at Flat Branch Park
6:30 pm: Supported Ride begins on MKT Trail
7:22 pm Sunset
7:00-9:30 pm: Twin Lakes GLOW party (s’mores by the bonfire)
9:30 pm: Twin Lakes Party Ends
10:30 pm: Trail Support Ends
To register over the phone, please call the Parks and Recreation main office at 573-874-7460 Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm or the ARC at 573-874-7700. Register online. There is a 100 participant cap on this event each night. In the event of severe weather, the event will be canceled and refunds will be given. This decision will be made and shared via email, Facebook, and the Parks and Recreation hotline (573-874-7663) by 4:00pm on the day of the event.
How to prepare for Kaleidospoke
- Make sure your bike is in good working order, tires aired, check brakes, etc. Visit Walt’s Bicycle and Wilderness for a tune-up if needed.
- Decorate your bike and dress up in GLOW!
- Become familiar with the MKT trail between Flat Branch Park and Twin Lakes Recreation Area. This is a great family bike route during the day too!
- Check your front and rear bike lights to ensure they are in good working order – this will be VERY important on your return ride back to Flat Branch Park – the trail will be DARK.
- Bring plenty of water, we won’t have community coolers for refills (everyone will get a small bottle of water with their s’mores).
- Please leave the dog(s) at home.
- Don’t forget your helmet!
- Don’t forget your MASK, we will remain in compliance with COVID-19 guidelines!
- Did we mention GLOW? Yes – more GLOW is always good!
Thank you to Walt’s Bike Shop, 101.5 KPLA, 102.3 BXR, and Natural Grocers (Columbia, MO) for their support!