Date/Time: Saturday, October 31, 2020, 8:00 am
Location: Bear Creek Trail
Start and Finish: Race starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
Length: 13.1 mile run/walk
Cost: $55 advance registration required
Registration: 150 in-person, 50 virtual
- Click here for HALF MARATHON online registration, $55 per person
- Call us to quickly and easily register at 573-874-7460 (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm) or at the ARC at 573-874-7700 (extended hours 7 days a week).
opens IMAGE file The Bear Creek Run Half Marathon has quickly become a favorite race in Mid-Missouri. Runners and walkers have come to love the scenic course along the Bear Creek Trail as well as the encouraging volunteers, great race shirts, finisher medals and awards by local artists. The 13.1 mile course starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park and takes participants to Columbia’s Cosmo Park and back on 80 percent gravel trail. “Inspiration Hill” will keep runners motivated as they approach the half-way point. There are aid stations (water stops) every mile to mile-and-a-half along the well-marked course.
Virtual Race Information
Due to low participation numbers, the virtual component has been canceled for 2020.
Bear Creek Run registrants will receive:
- Bear Creek Run Half Marathon long sleeve performance fabric race shirt (unisex sizes) register before Oct 16 to be guaranteed a shirt size.
- Bear Creek Run finisher medal
- Post race food
- Chip timing
- In-person race awards will be given to the first place overall male and female finishers and the first, second and third place males and females in these age groups: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over. $100 prize will be awarded to the top overall male and female finishers.
- Virtual race awards will be given to the overall top male and female finishers as well as the top (first place) male and female finishers in the following age groups: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over. All participants will receive a finisher medal as part of their packets. There will be a $50 prize purse for the top overall male and female finishers.
Race Schedule (subject to change):
Friday, October 30, 2020
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Packet Pick Up at the ARC, 1701 West Ash St.
Saturday, October 31, 2020
- 6:30-7:50 am: Packet pick up at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
- 8:00AM: Half Marathon begins
- 10:00AM: Post-race food available
- 11:00AM: Awards
- 1:00PM: Race Course Closes
Course Map (click on image to enlarge)
Thanks to our sponsors:
Bear Creek Run Couch to Creek Training Group
Dates: June 9-October 24, 2020 (Group meetings on Tuesday evenings, Saturday mornings, and every other Wednesday evening*) *subject to change
- Location: Columbia Trails
- Duration: 20 weeks
- Cost: $150 (Class fee includes Bear Creek Half Marathon registration of $55)
This 20-week training group will take beginning runners from the “couch” to “creek” with twice weekly group sessions on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Experienced trainers will lead the group on training runs and provide cross training and nutritional information as you prepare to conquer 13.1 miles. In the past years this has been an incredibly inspiring group of individuals who started and finished the challenge together.
Here is what one of the participants had to say after the race was over, “Running in the Couch to Half-Marathon training group was one of the most fulfilling experiences I’ve ever had. I never would have thought I was able to run, let along complete a half marathon! The coaching and group support were the piece I was always missing. This group changed the way I thought about myself and fitness and the lasting friendships I made have been amazing!”
Couch to Creek Training Group Registration:
- Click here for online registration
- Call us to quickly and easily register at 573-874-7460 (Monday – Friday 8 am-5 pm) or at the ARC at 573-874-7700 (extended hours 7 days a week).
Interested in volunteering?
If so, please visit como.gov/volunteer/ to sign up. If you need assistance or have a group interested in volunteering, contact email@example.com new email. Volunteers play a huge role in the success of these events and their support is greatly appreciated!