Bear Creek Run Half Marathon and Team Relay Race
Date/Time: Saturday, October 14, 2017, 8:00 am
Location: Bear Creek Trail
Start and Finish: Race starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
Length: 13.1 mile run/walk
Cost: $48 advance registration required
Registration: 300 participant cap. Race registration closes at noon on Friday, October 13, 2017. There is NO race day registration.
The Bear Creek Run Half Marathon has quickly become a favorite race in Mid-Missouri. Runners and walkers have come to love the scenic course along the Bear Creek Trail as well as the encouraging volunteers, great race shirts, finisher medals and awards by local artists. The 13.1 mile course starts and finishes at Albert-Oakland Park and takes participants to Columbia’s Cosmo Park and back on 80 percent gravel trail. “Inspiration Hill” will keep runners motivated as they approach the half-way point. There are aid stations (water stops) every mile to mile-and-a-half along the well-marked course.
The Half Marathon Relay is a 2-person team, timed event giving those who enjoy running shorter distances a chance to join the fun. The hand-off point for the relay will be located at Cosmo Park at the half way point of the 13.1 mile course (each team member will complete 6.55 miles). Awards will go to the top 3 finishing teams, relay participants are NOT eligible for age group awards in the half marathon. You must be a member of a 2 person team to participate in the relay and don’t forget about creating your standout team name, you will need this when you register. Each relay participant registers as an individual ($48 per racer) and receives the same materials as the half marathon runners including long-sleeved shirt, finisher medal, chip timing (final time results are as a team, not individual) and post race food. There is a 20 team cap on the relay (40 racers).
Bear Creek Run Registrants will receive:
- Bear Creek Run Half Marathon long sleeve performance fabric race shirt (unisex sizes) register before Sept 15 to be guaranteed a shirt size.
- Bear Creek Run finisher medal
- Post race food
- Chip timing
- Awards will be given to the first place overall male and female finishers and the first, second and third place males and females in these age groups: 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over. $100 prize will be awarded to the top overall male and female finishers.
- Click here for HALF MARATHON and TEAM RELAY online registration, $48 per person
- Call us to quickly and easily register at 573-874-7460 (Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm) or at the ARC at 573-874-7700 (extended hours 7 days a week).
Race Schedule (subject to change):
Friday, October 13, 2017
- 5:00-7:00 PM: Packet Pick Up at the ARC, 1701 West Ash St.
Saturday, October 14, 2017
- 6:30-7:50am: Packet pick up at Albert-Oakland Park, 1900 Blue Ridge Rd.
- 8:00AM: Half Marathon and Team Relay Race begins
- 10:00AM: Post-race food available
- 11:00AM: Awards
- 1:00PM: Race Course Closes
Course Map (click on image to enlarge)
Thanks to our sponsors:
Bear Creek Run Couch to Creek Training Group
Dates: May 30-October 14, 2017 (Group meetings on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings)
Location: Columbia Trails
Length: 20 weeks
Cost: $129 (class fee includes Bear Creek Half Marathon registration of $48)
This 20-week training group will take beginning runners from the “couch” to “creek” with twice weekly group sessions on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings, starting May 30, 2017. Experienced trainers will lead the group on training runs and provide cross training and nutritional information as you prepare to conquer 13.1 miles. In the past years this has been an incredibly inspiring group of individuals who started and finished the challenge together.
Here is what one of the participants had to say after the race was over, “Running in the Couch to Half-Marathon training group was one of the most fulfilling experiences I’ve ever had. I never would have thought I was able to run, let along complete a half marathon! The coaching and group support were the piece I was always missing. This group changed the way I thought about myself and fitness and the lasting friendships I made have been amazing!”
Couch to Creek Training Group Registration:
- Click here for online registration
- Call us to quickly and easily register at 573-874-7460 (Monday – Friday 8:00am-5:00pm) or at the ARC at 573-874-7700 (extended hours 7 days a week).
Interested in volunteering?
If so, please visit http://www.como.gov/volunteer/ to sign up. If you need assistance or have a group interested in volunteering, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers play a huge role in the success of these events and their support is greatly appreciated!
2015 Race Photos