This year marks the 41st Heritage Festival and Craft Show.
Saturday & Sunday, September 15 & 16, 2018
10 am – 5 pm
Historic Nifong Park, 3700 Ponderosa St.
(Hwy 63 S & AC/Grindstone Parkway exit west)
For weather-related cancellations, please call our hotline at 573-874-7663.
Parking – see map below
- Parking on-site will be limited. Shuttles will run from the Gans Creek Recreation Area, 3350 E. Gans Road, off of Discovery Parkway and drop off /pick up in front of the Boone Country History and Culture Center. The parking lot behind the Maplewood Barn on Nifong and a portion of the museum parking lot will be for handicapped accessible parking (tags are required).
- Ozark Mountain Biscuit Truck
- Jamaican Jerk Hut
- Kona Ice
- Smoothie King
- Smokin Chicks BBQ
- JW Kettlecorn
- Zim’s Lemonade
- Eats & Treats (Central Dairy Ice Cream & more)
- Aston Concessions (funnel cakes, corn dogs, turkey legs and other traditional festival favorites)
Volunteer to help with the festival (or call 573-874-7499)
2018 Stage Schedule (click image to enlarge)
2018 Map below (click image to enlarge)
Heritage Festival features tons of fun and informative activities for all ages:
- Traditional tradesmen & artisans demonstrating “lost arts”
- Live entertainment on three stages a variety of genres including Celtic, Blues, Cajun, Folk, Western, Bluegrass, traditional storytellers, magicians and returning fest-favorites the Haskell Indian Nations Dancers, Lem Sheppard (traditional Blues), and the Kansas City Celtic Pipe and Drum Corps. New this year is the Julian Davis Band, champion flat picker and mandolin player.
- Cowboys with their chuckwagons
- Mountain Man Camp
- Fun for Young’uns Area (stilts, paper pumpkins, milk the “cow,” rope making, candle dipping, candy in the haystack, hayrides, and much more!)
- Handmade craft show including over 70 vendors
- Saturday evening ghost stories from 8-9:30 pm
- Tours of Walters-Boone County Museum, Maplewood House and Village at Boone Junction
- Great food, including local food trucks and festival favorites like funnel cakes and turkey legs!
Visitors will be taken back to the traditions of the past. Listen, learn, and see history as it comes alive. See artisans and tradesmen dressed in 19th century attire demonstrating their trades and selling their wares. A large contemporary handmade craft area will also be featured.
Stay overnight during the Heritage Festival! For more information on overnight accommodations, visit the Columbia Convention & Visitors Bureau Web site.
The Heritage Festival is coordinated by Columbia Parks & Recreation.
Call 573-874-7460 for more information or email Festival Coordinator at Karen.Chandler@como.gov
Fun For Young’uns Area Sponsor: