Columbia’s 67th Annual Fourth of July celebration
July 4, 2019 ~ 6:30 pm activities and entertainment, 9:15 pm fireworks
Event begins 6:30 pm
- Children’s Activities at Flat Branch Park / 4th Street – inflatables, 4th of July crafts and activities
- Entertainment stage at Flat Branch Park (Emcees from KOMU 8 and KFRU 1400)
- Entertainment stage at Lucky’s Market parking lot (Emcees from KOMU 8 and BXR 102.3)
- Fireworks begin at 9:15 pm choreographed to music simulcast on BXR 102.3 and played from both stages (will be launched from the field next to Lucky’s Market).
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Food trucks available at both Lucky’s Market and Flat Branch Park.
- Rooftops not designed to be occupied and should NOT be, per building code.
- Please do NOT bring fireworks, alcohol or grills to the event.
- Volunteers are needed! Please call the City’s Office of Volunteer Services at 874-7499.
- 2019 schedule TBA
Transportation / Parking
Free parking is available throughout the District and on the University of Missouri campus, in any City- or University-owned lots and parking garages, unless they are marked closed or are posted “permit enforced 24/7.”
- Fourth Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry beginning at 1 p.m.
- Beginning at 3 p.m.:
- Locust will be closed westbound from Providence to Fifth Street
- Second Street will be closed southeast bound to Providence.
- Cherry Street westbound from Providence will be closed to through traffic
- Providence will be closed at 8:30 p.m. from Elm to Broadway until after the fireworks show has ended and the “all-clear” is given.
- Police will guide exiting traffic and pedestrians after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
- Temporary bike racks will be available on the north side of Lucky’s Market and the Walton Bldg., at Elm and Providence.
- Get there early, wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.
- Let the traffic clear after the show and spend some time enjoying the District.
- Bike the MKT Trail into downtown, or walk. The trail leads directly to Flat Branch Park. Bike racks will be available.
- Food trucks will be available at both event locations.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair for seating. Please do not bring fireworks, alcohol or grills to the event.
- To safely move between the two event locations, use the crosswalk at Providence and Locust. CPD officers will be stationed here to assist pedestrians crossing to and from the event.