Columbia’s 66th Annual Fourth of July celebration
July 4, 2018 ~ 6:30 pm activities and entertainment, 9:15 pm fireworks
- Fire in the Sky event map (including road closures)
Event begins 6:30 pm
- Children’s Activities at Flat Branch Park / 4th Street – Pop-A-Shot, 4th of July crafts and activities
- Entertainment stage at Flat Branch Park (Emcees from KOMU 8 and KFRU 1400)
- Entertainment stage at Lucky’s Market parking lot (Emcees from KOMU 8 and BXR 102.3)
- Fireworks begin at 9:15 pm choreographed to music simulcast on BXR 102.3 (will be launched from the field next to Lucky’s Market).
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Food trucks available at both Lucky’s Market and Flat Branch Park.
- Rooftops not designed to be occupied and should NOT be, per building code.
- Please do NOT bring fireworks, alcohol or grills to the event.
- Volunteers are needed! Please call the City’s Office of Volunteer Services at 874-7499.
- Lucky’s Market – Entertainers and times TBA
- Flat Branch Park – Entertainers and times TBA
- Roaming entertainment
Transportation / Parking (see map above)
- Free parking available throughout the District and on University campus in any City or University owned lots and parking garages, unless they are marked closed.
- Locust will be closed westbound from Providence to Fifth Street.
- Fourth Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry beginning at 1 pm.
- Second Street will be closed southeast bound to Providence.
- Providence will be closed at 8:30 pm from Elm to Broadway until after fireworks show has ended and the “all-clear” is given.
- Police will guide exiting traffic after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
- Get there early and enjoy the fun and entertainment!
- Let the traffic clear after the show and spend some time enjoying the District.
- Bike the MKT Trail into downtown, or walk. The trail leads directly to Flat Branch Park. Bike racks will be available.
- Food trucks available at both event locations.
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair for seating and enjoy the entertainment.