Waters House Rental
Building Reservations Contact:
Parks and Recreation Dept.
1 S. 7th St.
Columbia, MO 65201
Check availability online!
Hillcrest Community Center:
The Hillcrest Community Center is the managing office for the Waters House (except for taking reservations – see “Building Reservations Contact” above).
Hillcrest Business Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Program/Class/Tour Contact: 573-874-7475, Front Desk, Hillcrest Community Center
The Waters House, located on the Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area property, came as part of the land swap agreement between the Missouri Department of Conservation and Columbia Parks and Recreation. Park staff remodeled the building in 2017 to make it suitable for program use and private rental. The house is primarily used for recreation programs, however, when not in program use, the Waters House is made available for rental. It is available on Fridays after 5:30 pm to 11 pm and weekends 8 am to 11 pm for private parties, events, weddings, and meetings, with a maximum of 50 people. The rental space includes two rooms, kitchen, foyer, two restrooms, and an outdoor patio. Minimum of 2 hours rental.
Outdoor patio and grill
Friday evening and weekend rentals available
Can reserve up to one year in advance
No rentals December 25
Payment due at time of reservation
|Park Special Use Application
If special conditions apply
(See special conditions that warrant a Park Special Use Permit)
|Rental Fee:||$22/hr. – two hour minimum
Due at the time of reservation
|Key/Clean-up/Damage Deposit:||$100 (refundable two to three weeks after event)
Due at the time the key is picked up
|Location:||2104 Hillcrest Dr., Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area, Columbia, MO|
|Preview Building:||Call 573-874-7475 during business hours to schedule a time to tour the building.
(Tour times are limited due to program use schedule.)
|Group Limit:||50 people||Parking:||46 spaces and 1 handicap|
|Rules & Regulations:||Please read the Waters House Rules and Regulations before making your reservation.|
|Check-Out Procedure:||Follow the Check-Out Procedure when leaving the facility to be eligible for the deposit refund.|
|Moss Building Features:||The rental area includes two rooms, foyer, two restrooms, and outdoor patio. (Park Ranger office and garage not accessible to renters.)
|Click on this link for more information on Waters-Moss Memorial Wildlife Area.|
|Waters House Rules & Regulations|
1. Reservation Time Frame: Please schedule ample time for setup and cleanup when making your reservation. Entering the facility is authorized ONLY during the hours that you have reserved and paid for. Items are not allowed to be brought in to the facility prior to or after your paid reservation time frame. (Please refer to the reservation hours on your receipt.) The Parks and Recreation Department is not responsible for lost or stolen items left in the facility.
2. Facility Key and Security System: A key is required to enter the building. There is a security system in the building. There is $100 deposit required to obtain the key and security code for the building.
Key must be picked up between 8 am-5 pm on Friday. (Office is closed on Saturdays and Sundays)
YOU MUST PICK UP THE KEY AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR DISARMING THE ALARM ONLY AT THE PARKS & RECREATION OFFICE LOCATED AT 1 S. 7TH STREET.
The key must be returned the next business day by 12 pm following the event to ensure refund of your deposit. Fifty dollars of the deposit will be retained if the key is not returned the next business day.
The deposit will be forfeited if the building is not cleaned according to the cleaning instructions on the checkout procedure. Otherwise, the deposit will be returned approximately two to three weeks after the rental. If renter fails to lock the facility and/or set the security alarm, a $25 fee will be retained from the deposit.
3. Reservation Fee Non-Refundable: Reservation fees are not refundable, but you may transfer your reservation to another date UP TO 14 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED RESERVATION. The only exception is when the park or driveway is not accessible (due to not being cleared during a severe weather event).
4. Group Limit, Chaperones, and Conduct: Maximum group size for this building is 50 persons. Chaperones will maintain order at the event. Amplified music is permitted, but must be kept to a reasonable level. Unusual rowdiness or abuse of person or property can result in immediate termination of reservation. Minimum chaperone requirements are as follows:
5. Not Allowed:
7. Park Hours: Park closes at 11:00pm.
8. Contact Information for Facility Questions or Problems: