Stephens Lake Beach (Unguarded) and Spraygrounds
573-874-7460 (Parks & Rec main office)
Notice: The spraygrounds is open. The beach and swimming lake remain closed until further notice.
- Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Hours: Dawn (no earlier than 6 am) to dusk
- FREE admission
- Access from Old Hwy 63 entrance, park in west parking lot
- Unguarded outdoor facility – swim at your own risk
- Lake (includes both swimming and fishing areas)
- 11 acres
- Lake swimming in designated area only
- Fishing/boating (non-motorized) on the east side of the boardwalk
- Sand beach and grass area
- Spraygrounds (chlorinated recycled water – activated by push button)
Stephens Lake Beach and Spraygrounds are FREE to the public and open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. There is a sand beach and a designated roped area for swimming. The lake is unguarded and visitors swim at their own risk. Stephens Lake Park features the largest spraygrounds (5,782 sq. ft.) in Columbia’s park system, with a variety of water spray features, such as spray rings, water columns, stream jets, geysers, and bubblers. Stephens Lake Park is centrally located in Columbia and is a family friendly place to cool off and have fun.