Field Reservation Contact:
Lida Gochenour, (573) 874-7612
Fields close for winter maintenance October 31, 2017 and will re-open April 1, 2018 through October 28, 2018.17.
Field Scheduling for Games Only
Practices are not allowed at Cosmo Park. Please see Practice Soccer Fields links below.
There are 19 soccer fields located at Columbia Cosmopolitan Recreation Area (aka Cosmo Park). To ensure quality fields, soccer field rules and regulations have been established to allow use of soccer fields for game play only. Use of the fields for practices is not allowed. This policy is key to being able to maintain quality fields for use by Columbia soccer players and has been in place for over ten years.
Practice Field C16
Effective September 1, 2016, we have opened up Cosmo Park soccer field C16 for practices. Below are practice conditions:
- Practices are by reservation only. Please call Lida Gochenour at 573-874-7612 to reserve.
- Reservation fee is $18 per hour.
- Field will not be lined, but will have large goals set.
Soccer fields are open for reservations beginning in March through the end of May for the Spring season and re-open the beginning of September through October 31 for the Fall season. Soccer fields can be reserved for Tuesdays thru Sundays between the hours of 7am thru 11pm. There will be no play on the soccer fields on Mondays. This will allow the field maintenance crew to fertilize, top dress, apply weed control, etc.
Effective with the Fall 2009 soccer season, Cosmo Park Soccer Fields (except fields 4 & 5) will be available for “friendly” play reservations under the following conditions:
- Contact Lida Gochenour, 573-874-7612, to reserve a soccer field with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
- You must give the name of both team names.
- Practices are NOT ALLOWED so that the field quality can be maintained.
- Fields will be lined and will have goals.
- Use of fields will be subject to Columbia Parks and Recreation cancellation policy.
- Violators of field rules will lose privileges.
- Fields available during the months of March through May and September through October.
Spring: April thru mid-May
Fall: first of September thru end of October
Reservation priorities are:
- Sporting Columbia
- All others, first-come, first-served until the maximum number of games per field is reached
Soccer fields are closed for renovations and repair from the end of the Sporting Columbia Club season until the beginning of the Show-Me State Games. At the conclusion of the Show-Me State Games, the fields will be rested and unavailable for play until the start of the Sporting Columbia Club fall season.
|Soccer Field Description||Per Hour Fee
(2 hour max)
Scott Blvd. West Field
3662 Scott Blvd.
(120′ x 60′)
Scott Blvd. East Field
3662 Scott Blvd.
(120′ x 60′)
Field reservation guidelines are:
- Fields are available on a first-come, first-served unless there is a reservation for the field. The reservation will take priority.
- Reservations should be made on the hour. There is a maximum of 2 hours per night per team.
- Goals and nets are provided. There will be no lining of the fields. To have the fields lined, a fee of $250 would be charged.
- All reservations should follow the rainout policies established by the Columbia Parks & Recreation Department.
School Practice Areas
Type and # of Fields
|Shepard Elementary||2 Fields|
|West Boulevard||2 Fields|
|Mill Creek Elementary||1 Field|
|Derby Ridge Elementary||1 Field|
|Rock Bridge Elementary||2 Fields|
|New Haven Elementary||1 Field|
|Parkade Elementary||Open Space|
|Fairview Elementary||1 Field/Open Space|
|Two Mile Prairie Elementary||1 Field|
|Smithton Middle School||Open Space|
The Columbia Parks & Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel all field reservations due to inclement weather conditions or unsafe field conditions. A decision is usually made by 4pm on weekdays and 7am on weekends. The cancellations will be posted on our hotline, 874-7663.
If your reservation is cancelled by Parks & Recreation, you must call the next business day to reschedule your reservation at 874-7460, otherwise your reservation is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Hotline (573) 874-7663
Weekdays – All cancellations are updated daily by 4pm. Note that only existing cancellations are listed. If conditions change after 4pm, a decision will be made at the field.
Weekends & Holidays – Soccer cancellations are updated by 7am. If the conditions change to warrant a cancellation, the Hotline will be updated accordingly.
Subscribing to Parks & Recreation Web Mail will provide current information about game status or cancellations by sending the subscriber an e-mail message containing specific information.
Three separate subscriptions are available and are listed below. You may subscribe to any number of lists. Simply follow the link, enter your e-mail address, select desired lists and click on the subscribe button. You will receive an e-mail asking you to confirm your subscription. This is a standard security feature to prevent people from being signed up by others. Just follow the instructions in the confirmation e-mail to complete your subscription.
- Soccer – Status of games on all fields of Cosmo Park
- Youth Baseball/Softball – Status of all Diamond Council games
- Adult Softball – Status of adult league games at Rainbow Softball Center
To benefit all, there are two simple ground rules. These rules have been designed to keep the listserv completely professional and non-commercial.
- We will not sell or in any way share the e-mail addresses of the list members for commercial or non-City of Columbia users.
- At this time, you will only be allowed to receive e-mail messages from the City of Columbia’s Parks and Recreation Department. You will not be able to send or receive e-mail messages to or from other members of the list.
Visit Columbia Soccer Club’s web page http://www.columbiasoccerclub.net/