Gans Creek Cross Country Course
Maps and Documents
- Cross Country Course Mapopens PDF file
- Gans Creek Recreation Area Mapopens PDF file
- Cross Country Course Team Tent Layoutopens PDF file
Reservations and Fees
- Cross Country Course Rental Rates
- Course Reservations: Steve Evers, Recreation Specialist (573) 874-7466 or Steve.Evers@como.govcreate new email
- Rainout Hotline: (573) 874-7663
- Cross country course
- 500-meter starting chute
- Irrigated 10-meter wide grass running surface
- 2k and 3k loops to accommodate multiple race distances
- Permanent start line structure, finish line structure and course checkpoints
- Elevated Viewing Area
- Timing Tower
- Gans Shelter
- Gans Building with Restrooms (coming soon)
- No dogs allowed.
- No unauthorized use from November 15 to April 1.
- Use of the course for team/group practices is not allowed without a reservation.
Gans Creek Cross Country Course is a championship-level course with supporting amenities designed to host major cross country competitive events. This dedicated course has a 500-meter starting chute, 2k and 3k loops, 30-foot-wide irrigated turf, permanent finish line structure, outdoor shelter, and indoor building with restrooms. As a premiere cross country course complex, it was designed to accommodate spectators and media, with a raised seating area and various vantage points along the course. It is located in 320-acre Gans Creek Recreation Area in south Columbia off of Highway 63 at the Discovery Parkway exit.
The University of Missouri contributed a substantial amount toward the development of the complex. The Gans Creek Cross Country Course will be the home course for the University of Missouri, along with other local high schools and colleges. The course will host the NCAA Southeastern Conference (SEC) Championship in 2021.
It is the host course for the Missouri State High School Championships (MSHSAA) starting in 2019. Columbia Parks and Recreation, in conjunction with Columbia Public Schools, hosts a pre-state championship event known as the Gans Creek Classic.
|Capital Improvement Projects|
|Year Completed||Project Description|
|2019||Gans Cross Country Course Development|