Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center
573-474-5331 (in season)
573-874-7460 (off season)
- Pool hours, schedules, programs and events
- Admission fees and season passes
- Private rental information
- Deep water aerobics classes – registration required
- Outdoor facility
- 50 meter pool
- Main pool has 9,334 surface square feet, representing 400,000 gallons of water
- Children’s water play area with sprinklers and slide
- 2,700 square feet zero-depth
- Concession stand
- Diving boards (2)
- Double loop enclosed flume water slide
- Large deck area with lounge chairs
- Large “Funbrellas” for plenty of shade
Albert-Oakland Family Aquatic Center is Columbia’s largest outdoor municipal pool. It has a spacious 50-meter pool with two diving boards and a triple-loop enclosed flume slide. There is a separate water play area for kids; a bathhouse with mens, womens, and family changing rooms; concession area, and a large deck with lounge chairs and shade umbrellas.
“Leap In To” – Percent for the Art Project
Oakland Family Aquatic Center is the first city construction project to feature site specific art as the result of the Percent for Art program. The paired aluminum sculptures, entitled “Leap In To”, by Springfield, MO, artist Mark LaMair, depict two people diving into an implied pool.
The Percent for Art program is coordinated by the City’s Office of Cultural Affairs.
Oakland Pool renovation was completed in spring 1999. The Columbia Cosmopolitan Luncheon Club generously donated $9,000
towards the purchase of the pool’s play structure.
Overall, the pool renovation project was financed with:
- $374,000 from recreation user fees
- $175,000 from the 1995 ballot to renew a quarter-cent sales tax
- $175,000 grant from MO Dept of Natural Resources Local Landmark Park Grant
- $30,000 from the City’s Public Improvement Fund.
- $55,000 from the City’s Designated Loan Fund — which will be repaid from fees collected in the Recreation Services Division
- $9,000 donation from Cosmo Club
Total pool renovation cost $818,000
|Year Completed||Project Description|
|Major pool renovation|
2007 – Family changing room, concession area, and resinous flooring
2008 – Locker room partitions and painting
2010 – Replaced pool drains – VGB Act compliance
|Albert-Oakland Pool Slide|
|Albert-Oakland AOFAC Water Play Structure|
|Council Item: Albert-Oakland Water Slide Renovation|
|Albert-Oakland AOFAC Roof Replacement|
|Aquatic VGBA Drain Grate Replacements|