ARC Membership, Admission Fees, and Policies
There is a variety of ARC memberships, passes, and fees to accommodate all types of users. Annual Membership is the most economical way to enjoy all the ARC has to offer, but is not required. All pass holders (annual, multiple, and daily) will have access to the indoor leisure pool, gymnasium, game room, indoor track, cardio/strength training zones, and changing rooms at no additional charge. Pass holders will also have access to a variety of group exercise classes, such as step, kickboxing and/or body conditioning, as well as basic aquatic fitness classes. Specialty classes (sport specific training, yoga, etc.) are assessed an additional fee.
- Membership Fees
- Membership Application
- Monthly Payment Option
- Financial Assistance
- Youth Participants
What age youth can be admitted without adult supervision?
- Membership Eligibility
Is there a different rate if I live outside Columbia city limits?
- How to Join
- General Policies
- ARC Refund Policy
- Lost and Found
- Equipment Checkout
- Daily Lockers
- Birthdays – free admission
Economical monthly payments can only be made through an electronic funds transfer (EFT) from your checking or savings account. Withdrawals will be made on the 15th of the month. Your membership will continue until you notify us in writing. Cancellation must be made prior to the first of the month to avoid EFT withdrawal for that month.
Columbia Parks and Recreation Department has a financial assistance program to enable Columbia youth and adults who qualify for financial assistance to participate in our programs.
If an individual is 11 or older, he/she may utilize the facility without adult supervision, except in adult cardio/strength zones and Group Exercise Land classes (for 14 & up). Children 10 years of age or younger must be accompanied and supervised by a paying adult (16 or older). The Youth Training Room is available. For parents or guardians participating in another activity and unable to supervise their children, child care service at the Kid Zone is available.
Everyone is eligible for membership at the ARC, including those residing outside of Columbia city limits, at the same economical prices.
Visit the ARC at 1701 West Ash and our staff will assist you in completing a Membership Application. Applications are also available online or call 573-874-7700 to request a membership application be mailed to you. Information regarding how and where to submit your application is on the Membership Application.
- The ARC is a controlled access facility.
- Smoking or tobacco use in any form is prohibited.
- Food and beverages are permitted in lobby, game room and meeting rooms. Glass and metal containers are prohibited. No food may be brought into the facility.
- Spitting is prohibited, including spitting into water fountains.
- Abusive or foul language is strictly prohibited. These actions may result in immediate expulsion and/or loss of future privileges.
- Anyone using physical force towards another patron or employee will be suspended for a minimum of one year.
- Horseplay is not permitted.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (except in pool).
- Non-marking shoes must be won in the activity areas (gym, track). Waffle-soled shoes or cleats are not allowed.
- No basketballs or volleyballs are allowed upstairs.
- Personal music devices are only allowed when used with headphones.
- Bicycles, skateboards and in-line skates are prohibited.
- Animals in the facility are restricted to guide dogs only.
- The ARC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- ARC Memberships
- There are no refunds on ARC memberships.
- There is a $5 fee for the replacement of a lost or stolen card. There are no refunds for card replacements.
- Activity Programs
- Refund at the request of the participant:
- If the participant provides a written request for a refund one week prior to the first class, a refund will be granted less a $5 administrative fee per participant. No refunds will be given for $5 or less.
- If a participant requests a refund less than one week prior to the first class, no refund will be granted.
- If a participant cannot attend or continue a class due to an illness, a refund may be granted if a written request is received and
- … a physician’s statement of the illness and dates is presented.
- … the request is received no later than 7 days after seeking treatment.
- A full refund will be granted if the request is received prior to the start of class.
- A pro-rated refund will be granted for the classes missed due to the illness.
- Class cancellation by the Parks and Recreation Department – A full refund will be granted in the event a class/activity is cancelled by the Department. The Department reserves the right to cancel a class if the minimum program enrollment has not been met two business days before the first class meeting.
- Refund at the request of the participant:
- Facility Rentals – Rental fees are non-refundable. A reservation can be transferred to another date up to 14 days prior to the scheduled reservation.
Our lost and found service is located at the Guest Services Desk. Items not claimed within seven days will be donated to charitable organizations. The ARC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
The ARC has basketballs, volleyballs, ping pong paddles and balls, lap counters, and weight belts for check out at no charge. Guests will be required to leave their membership card or a government-issued picture identification card to check out equipment. Cards will be returned when the equipment is checked in. If an item is lost, the guest checkout out the equipment will be assessed a replacement fee equal to the price of a new piece of equipment.
Lockers are available for daily use only. Users must remove their lock and belongings daily. At the daily closing of the ARC, all locks and belongings will be removed and placed in lost and found. Locks are available to rent at the Guest Services Desk.
|The ARC recommends leaving all valuables at home. However, if you bring valuables, we suggest utilizing a locker to store your items safely. The ARC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.|
Show proof of your birthday at the Guest Services Desk and you can use the ARC for FREE on your special day!
The ARC also offers birthday party packages.