|Funding Fiscal Year:||2019 and 2020|
|Funding Source:|| |
FY2019 $700,000 Park Sales Tax
Project Description: Project would add a 1.1 mile connecting trail from Stephens Lake Park to the new sidewalks on Clark Lane.
Media Inquiries: Tammy Miller, Marketing Specialist, 573-874-7465, firstname.lastname@example.org new email
Project input: Mike Snyder, Park Planning Superintendent, 573-874-7204, email@example.com new email
Initial Public Comment on the Trail Project:
- Interested Parties Meeting: An interested parties meeting was held on October 25, 2018, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Riechmann Pavilion, 2300 E. Walnut St., Columbia, MO, 65201.
- Online Survey: An online survey was available from October 5, 2018 to November 8, 2018.
- Parks and Recreation Commission: Introduced improvements to the Parks and Recreation Commission on February 21, 2019.
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Commission: Park staff met with the members of the Bicycle & Pedestrian Commission on March 20, 2019.
- Disabilities Commission: Staff presented the proposed construction plans for the extension of the Hinkson Creek Trail to the Disabilities Commission on April 11, 2019.
- View comments received from October 5, 2018 to November 8, 2018 surveyopens PDF file .
Public Comment on the East Walnut Street Improvements:
- Interested Parties Meeting: An interested parties meeting was held on June 4, 2020, from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm at Stephens Lake Park, 2300 E. Walnut St., Columbia, MO, 65201.
- Online Survey: An online survey was available from April 17, 2020 to June 11, 2020
- View comments received from April 17, 2020 to June 11, 2020 surveyopens PDF file .
Project Status: Project has been approved by Council with the revisions to the East Walnut Plan. Grading work began in October of 2020.
- “Hinkson Creek Trail extension would open up city accessibility, officials say”
Columbia Missourian – October 25, 2018