Hinkson Creek Trail – Grindstone to Stephens
(Original Phase I & II budget combined for revised Phase I)
|Funding Fiscal Year:||2006 – $570,000
2007 – $210,000
2010 – $60,000 (fund transfer)
|Funding Source(s):||$468,000 – STP Enhancement Grant
$228,000 – 1999 1/4 Cent Sales Tax (PYA)
$144,000 – Park Sales Tax
|Year Completed:||2011 ( P&R Portion – Revised Phase I)|
PYA = Prior Year Appropriation
* Note: Project # C00281 for Phase II has been closed and its budget and expenses have been combined with C00245.
** Revised budget – includes $60,000 fund transfer (original budget – $780,000)
Project Description: October 1, 2009: Descriptions of Phase I & II have been revised for funding and bidding purposes, as follows:
- Administered by Parks and Recreation: Phase I (C00245 – Revised Budget $840,000): Trail project extends from the cul-de-sac south of Rte 740 north under the Rte 740 bridge, then along the west side of Old 63 north to the Old 63 bridge over Hinkson Creek. The northern section of the project includes the single lane bridge over Hinkson Creek at Moon Valley Rd. This portion of the trail will be funded by an STP Enhancement Grant, 1999 1/4 Cent Sales Tax (PYA), and the Park Sales Tax, as identified in the funding box above.
- Administered by GetAbout Columbia: Phase II (C00331) – Trail project extends from the north side of the Old 63 bridge over Hinkson Creek north to a new bridge over Hinkson Creek, then north along Moon Valley Dr. to the old single lane bridge over Hinkson Creek. Phase II is to be funded with by the Federal Non-Motorized Transportation Grant administered by GetAbout Columbia, with an estimated project cost of $2,367,000. It is identified on GetAbout Columbia’s approved project list as “Old 63 Grindstone Pedway (Moon Valley to Grindstone Nature Area).”
Project Manager: Steve Saitta, Superintendent of Planning and Development
Project Notes: City received approval from MoDot to combine Grindstone to Stephens Phase I and Phase II STP Grant projects. HNTB Corporation has been contracted as the engineering firm for both phases. City received approval from MoDot to use Non-Motorized Transportation Pilot Program funds to finance Phase II (updated description above). Supplemental agreement #2 with consultant to complete a feasibility study for a low water crossing for Hinkson Creek and the crossing under the Hinkson Creek Bridge on Old 63 has been executed, and consultants have begun feasibility design work. Public hearing for project was held at the February 2, 2009 Council meeting. Air space agreement with MoDOT approved at the April 6, 2009 Council Meeting. A supplemental agreement with MoDOT adjusting the project time line was approved at the February 15, 2010 Council Meeting. [Press Release]
- Phase I: Trail construction is completed.
- Phase II: See status at GetAbout Columbia – Infrastructure Update webpage
[GetaAbout Project Name: Old 63 Grindstone Pedway (Moon Valley to Grindstone Nature Area)].
Major Vendors – (Phase I)
|Vendor||Item||Purchase Order #||Contract Amount|
|Allstate Consultants||Engineering services||071949||$3,891|
|HNTB Corp||Engineering services||070831||$78,090|
|JC Industries||Trail construction||103553||$747,009|
|Funding Fiscal Year:||2007 – $40,000
2008 – $400,000
|Funding Source(s):||Park Sales Tax|
Project Description: 1.1 mile trail extension of Hinkson Creek Trail connecting to Rockhill Park & Bluff Dale Drive.
Interested Parties Meeting: Held January 29, 2008.
Project Status: This project was not approved by City Council. Funds have been reallocated – $360,000 to the MKT Bridge #12 & 13 Replacement project and $80,000 back to the Park Sales Tax Fund . See related Council ordinance.
- Council Item: MKT Bridge #12 & 13 Replacement Project
- Capital Improvement Project: MKT Bridge #12 & 13 Replacement Project