|Funding Fiscal Year:||2008|
|Funding Source:||Park Sales Tax|
* Revised budget; original CIP budget – $175,000
Map of Restroom Locationsopens IMAGE file
Project Description: Replace the two old restroom facilities that serve Burford/Dexheimer and Nickell/Lamb Shelters on the south side of Cosmo Park.
Public Meeting: An informal Open House/Public Meeting concerning the replacement of the Nickell/Lamb and Burford/Dexheimer Restrooms in Cosmo Park was held Thursday, October 18, between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. at ARC (Activity and Recreation Center), 1701 West Ash Street, Meeting Room A. [Press Releaseopens PDF file ] Attendees and park user groups expressed support for this project.
- 11/10/08 – Punch list and seeding/strawing completed. Project complete.
- 10/1/08 – Restrooms completed, except for punch list and landscaping.
- 9/1/08 – Trim work, soffit, interior plywood, painting, electrical and rough plumbing completed on both restrooms. Metal roof also completed on Burford/Descheimer restroom.
- 8/1/08 – Block walls, stone facade, and roof framing complete for Burford/Dexheimer restroom. Roof framing, utility rough in , stone facade, and metal roof complete for Nickell/Lamb restroom.
- 7/7/08 – Footings completed for both restrooms. Utilities have been roughed in, slab poured, and block walls completed for Nickell/Lamb restroom.
- 5/26/08 – Demo of the two restrooms completed. Contractor has begun pouring footings.
- 4/16/08 – Contractor obtaining necessary permits. Demolition work is expected to begin in April.
- 3/18/08 – Contract awarded.
- 2/13/08 – Bid for restroom demolition and construction closed.
- 11/20/07 -The project was introduced at the November 5, 2007 City Council meeting and a public hearing was held at the Council’s November 19, 2007meeting. Council approved and authorized project.
- 11/21/07 – Bid specifications being developed by park planners.
- 10/16/07 – Public meeting for interested parties was held on October 16, 2007 at the ARC.
|GBH Builders, Inc.||Restroom demo & construction||081675||$229,418*|
*Amount for this project only; part of larger contract.