|Funding Fiscal Year:||2008|
|Funding Source:||Park Sales Tax|
Interested Parties Meeting: Held October 18, 2007 at the ARC
Project Description: Replace three-shelter cluster with one large new shelter and replace old restroom facility. Demolition and construction of restroom to be contracted. Shelter to be constructed with force account labor.
- 11/10/08 – Bike rack installed; shelter completed. Project complete.
- 10/10/08 – Shelter substantially completed. Restroom completed and open to the public.
- 9/1/08 – Trim work, soffit, interior plywood, painting, electrical, rough plumbing and exterior concrete work is completed on the restroom. I-Beams and roof trusses have been set and roof decking material has been installed on the shelter.
- 8/1/08 – Restroom roof construction and utility rough in are complete. Shelter concrete columns and slab completed. Shelter ceiling and soffit boards have been stained. Trenched and installed water pipe for drinking fountains.
- 07/7/08 – Utilities have been roughed in, slab poured, and block walls completed for restroom. Site excavated, steel set for footings, 12 concrete footings poured, vertical column steel installed, and began setting column forms for shelter.
- 05/19/08 – Old restroom has been demolished. Contractor has poured footings for the new restroom.
- 04/16/08 – Contractor obtaining necessary permits. Demolition work is expected to begin in April. Shelter material bids have been awarded. Shelter construction scheduled for June.
- 03/18/08 – Contract for restroom demolition and construction awarded.
- 12/17/07 – Purchasing requisition entered for restroom construction.
- 12/14/0 – Existing shelters are scheduled for demolition the week of December 16, weather permitting. Restroom bid specs are being finalized and will be combined with other restroom projects for competitive bid.
- 11/20/07 – The project was introduced at the November 5 City Council meeting and a public hearing was held at the Council’s November 19 meeting. Council approved project so park planners are in the process of developing bid specifications.
- 10/19/07 -Public meeting for interested parties was held on October 18, 2007 at the ARC. Attendees and park user groups expressed support for the project.
|Vendor||Item||Purchase Order #||Contract Amount|
|Loftis Company||Shelters and slab demo||081012||$6,275|
|GBH Builders, Inc.||Restroom demo & construction||081675||$114,709*|
|Ahens Steel||Steel beams (for shelter)||081655||$6,040|
|Meek Building Ctr||Roofing materials (for shelter)||081702||$9,292|
|La Crosse Lumber||Wood trusses (for shelter)||081729||$4,511|
|Philips & Co||Electrical materials (for shelter)||081701||$3,128|
|Fry & Assoc||Covered grill||081777||$1,162|
*Amount for this project only; part of larger contract