|Funding Fiscal Year:||2008|
|Funding Source:||$120,000 – Park Sales Tax |
$18,500 – Donation*
* $18,500 mid-year appropriation.
Project Description: Construct four new tennis courts at Cosmo-Bethel Park. Courts will be unlighted until funding becomes available. The new courts will be on park property east of the tennis shelter. The tennis shelter will sit in the middle of the future 12-court complex (currently 8-court complex).
Project Notes: The Parks and Recreation Department applied for a USTA Public Facility Funding Grant in 2006 and 2007 to help fund this project. The proposed grant project was $150,000; with $30,000 grant fund support and $120,000 matching funds from the Park Sales Tax. This project did not receive grant funding, largely due to Columbia having already received a USTA grant award for the Cosmo/Fairview tennis complex renovations. Thus, the project had to be scaled back $30,000 to meet the available funding. (Click here for proposed plans for grant application project.opens IMAGE file ) A donation in the amount of $18,500 to fund additional concrete work and wind screens was received by parents of a Rock Bridge tennis player.
Interested Parties Meeting: Held February 21, 2008 at the ARC. Eleven people attended including Parks and Recreation Commissioners and staff. Interest to add additional parking to support the additional courts was expressed. Due to inclement weather impacting attendance for the interested parties meeting, staff posted on the City’s website that they were soliciting email comments from the public regarding the project through February 25, 2008.
- 11/1/08 – Additional concrete work completed. Project complete.
- 10/10/08 – Concrete sidewalks completed. Additional concrete work and wind screens funded by donation and landscaping remain to be completed.
- 10/1/08 – Construction of tennis courts completed.
- 9/1/08 – Sub-surface drainage system and asphalt have been installed. Fencing work in progress.
- 8/1/08 – Grading work completed.
- 6/24/08 – Contract issued to Christenson Construction.
- 3/17/08 – Ordinance authorizing the project was approved.
- 2/21/08 – Proposed plans completed and an Interested parties meeting was held.
|Vendor||Item||Purchase Order #||Contract Amount|
|Christenson Const.|| |
Tennis Court Construction
(Pro Track & Tennis from Nebraska did the surfacing)
|Tom Adair Const||Concrete work||081288||Term & Supply|