COLUMBIA PARKS AND RECREATION DONATION REQUESTS
The Columbia Parks and Recreation Department appreciates our unique opportunity to help the community and we are committed to doing so. Each year, the department supports many organizations through donations towards various fundraising events.
Every year, we receive a large volume of requests for donations to charitable organizations and unfortunately cannot fulfill them all. In response to the high volume of requests received, we have established the following guidelines to assist with donation requests. A $2,000 annual limit (based on the value of the donation) has been budgeted for donation requests. Sorry, cash requests are not accepted.
If you are interested in obtaining a donation from Columbia Parks and Recreation, please read the following guidelines. If your organization is eligible, please submit a formal Donation Request Form via the web link below. You may also submit a request on organization letterhead with a completed Donation Request Form via mail, by email to Janel.Twehous@como.gov, or you can drop it off at the ARC (no phone calls please). The decision to make a donation is at the discretion of Columbia Parks and Recreation Management.
- All donation requests must be submitted in writing on letterhead and received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event date.
- To accommodate as many requests as possible, Columbia Parks and Recreation can only make one donation per fiscal year (October 1 thru September 30) to each organization.
- Phoned in requests will not be accepted.
- Any incomplete requests will not be considered.
- All requests will be considered on a first come, first serve basis.
- Although we wish that we could fulfill all requests, submitting a request does not guarantee that your organization will receive a donation.
- If approved, all donations are subject to availability and will be fulfilled a minimum of one week prior to the event.
- Items donated are based on fund availability and are at the discretion of the department. Please understand that specific requests may not be able to be fulfilled.
Once your request has been processed, a Parks and Recreation representative will contact you regarding your donation pick-up, or we would be happy to mail it to you.
|FORM SUBMISSION OPTIONS|
Send Request Form By Mail To:
(see request form below)
Columbia Parks and Recreation
Attn: Janel Twehous
PO Box 6015
Columbia, MO 65205
|Submit Form Online|
|Email Request Form: Janel.Twehous@como.govSee Request Form Below|
|Drop Off Request Form: |
Activity & Recreation Center (ARC): 1701 W. Ash St.
Click here for a pdf Donation Request Form to mail or drop off.