ONLINE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
- Search and apply for available City positions 24 hrs a day; 7 days a week.
- Conveniently apply from any computer with Internet access, including the City of Columbia Human Resources Department, the Columbia Public Library and from home.
- Check the status of applications 24 hours a day; 7 days a week and receive updates by e-mail.
- Apply for multiple jobs by easily updating and resubmitting application information.
- Obtain help from Human Resources staff, in person and by phone, during normal office hours and access easy to use online help 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
Remember www.GOCOMOJOBS.com the easy way to find City of Columbia jobs!
The Human Resources Department’s function is to coordinate the efforts of all City departments in the selection, hiring, evaluation, promotion, training, and development of a staff of dedicated and qualified personnel to serve the citizens of Columbia.
Our primary goal is maintaining a dedicated, professional staff to provide quality support services to the City and the public we serve. Major emphasis continues in the area of recruitment/retention of minorities and females. Special efforts are directed toward evaluation, training and development opportunities and employee contribution and recognition to increase retention, provide upward mobility, create high morale and reduce turnover in a competitive labor market.
From our web site you can view various employment related information, view current employment opportunities, and download employment application forms.
Current job openings with the City of Columbia:
Various Department Employment Information
Additional Employment Information:
- Employee Self Service
- Administrative Rules
- Drug and Alcohol Policy Divisions 1,2 and 3 as of 01/02/2020
- Classification and Compensation
- City Employee Benefit Updates
- Human Resources FAQ
- Job Descriptions (INFORMATIONAL ONLY)
- Pay Plan
- Employment Benefits
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- 2016 EEOP Short Form
- FY 2017 Affirmative Action Program
- Drug Free Workplace Notice
- E-Verify – English
- E-Verify – Spanish
- Right to Work – English
- Right to Work – Spanish
- FMLA Presentation
- FMLA Video
- Organizational Chart
- Human Resources Department Budget Information
- Directions to Human Resources Office