The City of Columbia observes the holidays listed below. Holidays not listed are NOT observed by the City.
- New Years Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday
- Memorial Day
- July 4th Holiday
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- The day after Thanksgiving*
- Christmas Day
City services will be affected as follows on observed City holidays:
- Trash and recycling collection will be delayed one day after the holiday for the remainder of that week.
*Even though City offices are closed the Friday after Thanksgiving, solid waste collection will resume. Thursday customers will be collected on Friday and Friday customers collected on Saturday.
- The sanitary landfill will be closed.
- City buses will not operate.
- Parking meters will not be enforced.
- Administrative offices for both the police and fire departments will be closed; all other emergency services will be available.
- If a regular City Council meeting falls on a City holiday, the meeting will be held the following day.