The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) division provides income-based nutrition services to pregnant women, new mothers, babies, and children up to their 5th birthday. The WIC staff helps families eat well and stay healthy with the following services:
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Vouchers for healthy foods
- Health screenings
- Risk assessments
- Referrals to health care
- Learn more about the benefits WIC families receive.
WIC Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) services, a person must meet the following criteria. They are:
- Women, who:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding and have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Have had a baby in the last six months
- Infants (up to the infant’s first birthday)
- Children (up to the child’s fifth birthday)
- Meet the income eligibility requirements:
- View the income eligibility chart.
- The gross annual household income cannot exceed 185% of the Federal poverty income guidelines.
- All Medicaid, Food Stamp and TANF recipients meet the WIC income eligibility criteria.
Nutrition Risk Assessment:
- Have an identified nutritional risk as determined by a health professional. Examples are:
- Poor growth
- Previous poor pregnancy outcome
- Inadequate dietary intake
- Other nutrition related health problems.
WIC appointments can be made over the phone by calling 573.874.7384, or in person at the WIC office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1005 W. Worley. There are also extended appointment hours on Tuesdays until 7:00 p.m.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- Proof of Missouri Address:
- Current utility bill, rent or mortgage receipt, personal bill, or pay stub issued within the last 30 days that has your name and physical address (no PO box)
- Proof of Income (any of the following):
- Most recent pay stub (noting pay period) for each employed person in the household. If self-employed, please bring a copy of your last federal tax return
- MO HealthNet or TANF letter/card showing current eligibility
- EBT/SNAP documents showing current certification dates
- Unemployment letter/notice
- Recent bank statement
- Foster child placement letter/foster parent award letter
- Recent leave and earning statement (LES) for military personnel
- Proof of Identity:
- Pregnant/Postpartum Women and Parents/Guardians/Proxies: Current valid photo ID such as driver’s license, work/school ID, military card, or passport
- Infants: Copy of their shot record, birth certificate, baby bracelet, or discharge record from the hospital
- Children: Copy of their shot record or birth certificate
This is a special free program for WIC families with children 2 – 4 1/2 years of age to help increase physical activity, increase servings of fruits and vegetables, water and milk and yogurt and decrease recreational screen time. For more information about this program: https://www.CoMo.gov/health/fit-tastic/
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!