The Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) division provides income-based nutrition services to pregnant women, new mothers, babies, and children up to their 5th birthday. The WIC staff helps families eat well and stay healthy with the following services:
- Breastfeeding support
- Nutrition education and counseling
- Vouchers for healthy foods
- Health screenings
- Risk assessments
- Referrals to health care
- Learn more about the benefits WIC families receive.
WIC Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the Women, Infants & Children (WIC) services, a person must meet the following criteria. They are:
- Women, who:
- Are pregnant
- Are breastfeeding and have had a baby in the last 12 months
- Have had a baby in the last six months
- Infants (up to the infant’s first birthday)
- Children (up to the child’s fifth birthday)
- Meet the income eligibility requirements:
- View the income eligibility chart.
- The gross annual household income cannot exceed 185% of the Federal poverty income guidelines.
- All Medicaid, Food Stamp and TANF recipients meet the WIC income eligibility criteria.
Nutrition Risk Assessment:
- Have an identified nutritional risk as determined by a health professional. Examples are:
- Poor growth
- Previous poor pregnancy outcome
- Inadequate dietary intake
- Other nutrition related health problems.
WIC appointments can be made over the phone by calling 573.874.7384, or in person at the WIC office, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1005 W. Worley. There are also extended appointment hours on Tuesdays until 7:00 p.m.
What to Bring to Your First Appointment
- Proof of Missouri Address:
- Current utility bill, rent or mortgage receipt, personal bill, or pay stub issued within the last 30 days that has your name and physical address (no PO box)
- Proof of Income (any of the following):
- Most recent pay stub (noting pay period) for each employed person in the household. If self-employed, please bring a copy of your last federal tax return
- MO HealthNet or TANF letter/card showing current eligibility
- EBT/SNAP documents showing current certification dates
- Unemployment letter/notice
- Recent bank statement
- Foster child placement letter/foster parent award letter
- Recent leave and earning statement (LES) for military personnel
- Proof of Identity:
- Pregnant/Postpartum Women and Parents/Guardians/Proxies: Current valid photo ID such as driver’s license, work/school ID, military card, or passport
- Infants: Copy of their shot record, birth certificate, baby bracelet, or discharge record from the hospital
- Children: Copy of their shot record or birth certificate
This is a special free program for WIC families with children 2 – 4 1/2 years of age to help increase physical activity, increase servings of fruits and vegetables, water and milk and yogurt and decrease recreational screen time. More information about Fit Tastic
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!