Flu News: What you Need to Know
We receive and monitor reports of flu cases occurring in Boone County. As the local public health agency, we want you to know how many cases are happening in our community and how you can prevent getting it.
Good Health Habits for Preventing Flu
- A flu shot.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Stay home when sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice good hygiene habits.
Nov. 10, 2017 Flu Report
- Flu cases reported the week of Nov. 5 – 11, 2017: 10*
- Total flu cases for the 2017-2018 season (Oct. 1 through Nov. 11, 2017): 42*
*Please note that the number of flu cases reported above reflects only the number reported by area medical professionals to Public Health and Human Services during those weeks. These numbers may not necessarily be the actual number of influenza cases within our community during this period.