In 2015, we began a three-year initiative to work with county partners in order to accelerate progress toward achieving a healthy weight and healthy lifestyles for all. Through a program called Boone County Fit-Tastic, community partners have been trained in the 1,2,3,4,5 Fit-Tastic! effort that began in Kansas City. Click here to learn more about Fit-Tasticopens PDF file .
- Our long term goals include:
- Increasing the proportion of children at a healthy weight
- Increasing the proportion of residents engaged in healthy eating and active living
- Increasing policy and environmental changes to support healthy eating and active living.
- Get tips on how to choose healthy habits for a healthy future by downloading this helpful handout now!opens PDF file
- For more information check out the Fittastic website or contact Laura McCulloch at 573.874.7769opens phone dialer.
- Equipped 2 B Fit CoMo is Boone County’s promotion of 12345 Fit-Tastic. We promote healthy eating and lifestyles through the 5 Fit-Tastic habits. Help us meet these goals by completing the 5 Fit-Tastic habits every day!
Boone County Fit-Tastic Newsletters
This project is funded in part by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Maternal and Child Health Services Contract # AOC15380120, and is supported by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant #B04MC28109, Maternal and Child Health Services for $9,095,311, of which $0 is from non-governmental sources. This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.