Skip top Navigation. Browse Como.gov Translate this page
Food Manager Training
What training is required of managers in food service
- Successful completion of an approved food manager training program (see list below)
- A person meeting that qualification must be in the facility at all times
- A person with a valid food manager training certificate will not need a food handler card
- An exception from this manager training requirement will be given for certain facilities with minimal food preparation. These facilities have been rated as low risk establishments.
- Questions? Please call the Environmental Health Division.
What does this training include?
- A minimum of six hours of training and successful completion of an exam through an approved training program
- Only after successfully completing the exam will a person be eligible to meet the training requirement
- The training will be good for five years from the date the training certificate is issued
Who offers the training?
Do I have to take the National or Local exam?
- The Environmental Health Division will honor both, but only the national exam will be honored in other jurisdictions.