Columbia/Boone County Department of
Public Health and Human Services
1005 West Worley St.
Hours: Monday – Friday • 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Main Phone: 573.874.7355
Additional department phone lines
Emergency/Disease Reporting (24/7): 1.800.392.0272
Administration Fax: 573.874.7756
Communicable Disease Reporting Fax (CONFIDENTIAL): 573.874.7597
Medical Records Fax (CONFIDENTIAL): 573.874.7758
Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Fax: 573.874.7757
Welcome to the Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services! A nationally accredited public health department in the state of Missouri, we serve both the city of Columbia and surrounding communities within Boone County, Missouri.
Our mission is to promote and protect the health, safety and well-being of Boone County residents. We do this through leadership, partnership and service by coordinating with federal, state and local organizations to achieve our vision of optimal health, safety and well-being for all. Learn more.
- Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
- The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services has activated a statewide public hotline for citizens or providers needing guidance regarding COVID-19. At 8 a.m. today, the hotline opened and can be reached at 877.435.8411. The hotline is being operated by medical professionals and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As of March 13,2020, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has released an expanded list of nearly 200 products, including 40 new products that went through the agency’s expedited review process, that are effective for use against SARS-CoV-2, the novel #coronavirus that causes #COVID-19.
That list can be found here: https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-disinfectants-use-against-sars-cov-2
- Public Health and Human Services now offering flu shots
- Frequently asked questions about flu season
- Properly disposing of pharmaceuticals
- Cooling Centers now open!
- Staying safe in the summer heat
- Boone County ranks in top 10 healthiest counties in Missouri
- Proposed Drink Specials Regulations Information
- Public Health and Human Services continues 2019 rural flu clinic schedule
- October Prescription Drug Take-Back
- Hy-Vee Pharmacies Installing Drug Take Back Receptacles
Starting 4/6/20, in an effort to protect our patients, residents, staff and community during this COVID-19 pandemic, we will be making some changes to the way we deliver clinical services here at Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services. We will be postponing some services when appropriate and offering some of our clinical services remotely.
For services that are needed now, we will be doing a phone or video visit first and then arranging for in-person services if that is needed after the phone or video visit. All in-person visits must be scheduled. We will not be able to see patients on a walk-in basis during this time. This process is subject to change if needed over the coming weeks. We genuinely want to provide any urgently needed services and are doing everything we can to balance that with the desire to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Please call 573.874.7249 if you are in need of our clinical services during this time.