How to keep your summer BBQ… From Going up in Flames
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grill and the tray below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended. Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill placed away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- If using charcoal, let the coals completely cool before disposing in a metal container.
- If using propane, check the gas tank hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year.
- If you smell gas while cooking, immediately get away from the grill and call the fire department.
- If the flame goes out, turn the grill and gas off and wait at least 15 minutes before re-lighting it.
Source: NFPA WWW. NFPA.org