- Avoid driving, walking, or swimming in flood waters.
- Move to higher ground.
- Stay away from high water, storm drains, ditches, ravines, or culverts.
- Six inches of fast-moving water can knock you off your feet.
- Do not let children play near storm drains.
- If you come upon a flooded roadway never drive through it.
- Two feet of rushing water can carry away most vehicles, including SUVs and pickups.
TURN AROUND DON’T DROWN!!!
For more information on flood safety, please visit: www.floodsafety.noaa.gov