The City of Columbia adopts and follows the International Code Council’s International Fire Code (IFC) with amendments. Chapter 1 of the IFC requires that both construction and operational permits be obtained prior to construction or events taking place.
Below are the current required permits and permit application forms. This list may change without notice. Currently, there are no fee’s connected to most permits.
- Special Event Permits
- Open Burning Permit – call 573-874-7556 to obtain a permit for open burning.
- Tent/Membrane Structure Permit opens PDF file
- Stage Canopy Applicationopens PDF file
- Fire Performance Art Permitopens PDF file
- Mobile Food Vendor Checklistopens PDF file
Blasting Permit Information and Forms
To obtain a blasting permit, the applicant must first submit the required Blasting Notification Form to the Missouri Division of Fire Safety. Once this is complete, the applicant should submit the Blasting Permit and/or Explosive Storage Permit Application Form to the Columbia Fire Department Fire Marshal’s Division. Information in the Missouri Blasting Act and the Licensing Booklet can be obtained using the links below.
- Blasting Permit and Explosive Storage Permit Application Formopens PDF file – City of Columbia
- Missouri Blasting Statuteopens PDF file
- Missouri Blasting Act – FAQ’sopens PDF file
- Missouri Explosive User and Blaster Licensing Bookletopens PDF file
- Blasting Notification Form – Missouri Division of Fire Safetyopens PDF file