Basic Information for all Firefighter Visits
- Children must be ages 5 or older to participate.
- Firefighter visits must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance and not more than 2 months in advance.
- Firefighter visits last 20-40 minutes.
- Groups may schedule one visit per day, per fire station. If you have more than one group, please submit a separate request for each group on different days.
- Visits may not be scheduled earlier than 9:00 a.m.
- The firefighter visit may be cancelled at the last minute with no notification due to emergency response or firefighter training activities.
Firefighter Visit Options
You may choose Option A or Option B. Be sure to select the option that is most appropriate for your group.
Option A – Visit a Fire Station
- Maximum number of participants is 25 (includes chaperones)
- Requires 1 chaperone for every 5 children. Fire stations are active places for firefighter work. This must be kept in mind when touring the station. Appropriate ratios of children to chaperones are required.
Option B – Firefighters Visit You
- Minimum group size is 10.
- A parking area must be provided where the fire truck can get in and out quickly in the event of an emergency.
- An adequate number of chaperones must be present to quickly clear children from the fire truck if there is an emergency.
For more information, Email the Fire Marshal’s Division.