The Columbia Fire Department has developed a number of targeted, age-appropriate resources for teachers and group leaders to teach children important fire and life safety skills.
- Home Fire Safety
- Fire Science
- Injury Prevention
Download our 3rd grade Home Fire Safety Plan:
- 3rd Grade Home Escape Planopens PDF file
- 3rd Grade Home Escape Plan Grid and Exerciseopens PDF file
- Home Fire Safety Checklistopens PDF file
Other teacher resources include:
- Fire Safety Lesson Plans
- Firefighter Visits or Station Tours
- Juvenile Fire Setters Program
- Feature Firefighter Handouts
- 2017 School Program Catalogopens PDF file
For more information and to schedule a visit to your classroom, Email the Fire Marshal’s Division.