(Sections 28-77 through 28-121, Columbia Code of Ordinances)
Every taxi and limousine company operating in the City must obtain a Business License.
What paperwork is needed to apply for a Taxicab and Limousine Business License?
- Business License Application Formsopens PDF file . The application fee is $25.00 for each vehicle for hire.
- The application form must list each vehicle used in connection with the business.
- Each vehicle listed on the application form shall be inspected by the Columbia Police Department. Inspections are held on Wednesdays at the Columbia Police Department, 600 E. Walnut, beginning at 10:00 AM on a first-come, first-served basis. Results of the inspections are automatically sent to the Business License office to be added to the applicant’s application.
- A Certificate of Insurance must be included with the application that shows the liability coverage limits for each vehicle and include the City of Columbia as the certificate holder.
- The location of the taxi business must be located in a commercially zoned location within the City of Columbia.
- A distinctive paint scheme for taxis must be submitted with the application to be approved.
Licenses shall be in effect from the date of issuance until June 30 of the following year.
Questions? Email Business.License@CoMo.Govcreate new email